Salary Range: $50,000-54,000
The Digital Content Specialist works directly with the Director of Marketing and Communications to support the Weisman’s varied programs. This individual will collaborate with the museum’s many departments—including Curatorial, Development, Education, Student Engagement & Programs, Visitor Services, and the WAM Shop—to ensure timely, effective outreach to audiences. In doing so, the Digital Content Specialist contributes to the Weisman’s mission of creating lively art experiences for the University of Minnesota community and larger publics.
Digital Media Management (70%)
- EMAIL MARKETING:
- Strategize and execute Weisman Art Museum email marketing campaigns utilizing rich media and storytelling techniques
- Adapt and evolve Weisman’s email strategy to attract new audiences
- Manage data extensions and lists in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Engage with UMN Salesforce Marketing Cloud community to participate in ongoing training opportunities and to build strategic relationships across peer departments and organizations
- SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Lead social media strategy and editorial calendar while acting as primary account manager across Weisman’s social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube)
- Monitor and respond to questions and queries sent to account pages
- Collaborate cross-departmentally on social media campaigns
- Create engaging and relevant social media content across channels to build brand awareness and amplify key messages with Digital Content Team and Communications Intern
- Manage and implement paid social media campaigns for Weisman Art Museum channels
- Collaborate with web developers and UMN Drupal community to improve Weisman’s website user experience, SEO, and website accessibility
- Assist with content migration for Weisman Art Museum website redesign
- Participate in ongoing training opportunities and to build strategic relationships across peer departments and organizations
- Create and update monthly analytics dashboard with Communications Intern that incorporates metrics from across WAM digital communications channels (website, social media, and email)
- Synthesize and incorporate findings from analytics report into overall digital communications strategy
Communications and Program Support (10%)
- Edit and proofread content created by others for usability, organizational content, readability, and appropriateness for the intended audience
- Incorporate digital accessibility into all aspects of marketing/communications workflow (i.e. closed captioning for all video content, alt tags, and creation of accessible PDFs)
- Create digital ad spots for external marketing campaigns
- Assist in the creation of print graphic design pieces including museum exterior banners and postcards
Student Worker Management (10%)
- Manage two departmental student workers: Communications & Editorial Assistant and Multimedia & Design Assistant
- Create and update signage for museum visitor services staff (front-of-house signage), events coordinator (rental and wedding brochures), and small-scale collateral design for programs (table tents, dorm flyers) as well as rotating exterior banners.
- Attend multiple weekly meetings and occasional trainings to stay informed of happenings across the Weisman and keep abreast of best practices in the museum and communications field
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, art or related field, plus 2 years of experience or 6 year combined equivalent education and experience
- This experience has to include a minimum of 2 years of successfully demonstrated professional experience in marketing, communications and/or comparable experience in non-profit communications.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).
- Experience with social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Graphic design, writing, and editing experience and knowledge
- The successful candidate will be prepared for attendance at some evening and weekend events.
Please submit a cover letter and resume vis the University of Minnesota’s job website (job #353638) https://hr.umn.edu/Jobs/Find-Job
Categories: Job Postings