ABOUT THE RENAISSANCE SOCIETY
The Renaissance Society is an internationally renowned non-collecting museum of contemporary art located on the campus of The University of Chicago.
The Renaissance Society is driven by an uncompromising commitment to artists and their ideas and promotes artists whose work questions, expands, and re-imagines the aesthetic boundaries of the visual arts. Presenting four exhibitions a year, the museum is a uniquely intimate platform for encountering artistic expressions that give form to, challenge, and complicate currents in contemporary thought.
The Renaissance Society offers artists the time, space, resources, and freedom that are vital for ambitious experimentation. This frequently results in newly commissioned artworks. Artists’ presentations in our 3,000 sq ft gallery spur scholarly and creative reflections in the museum’s wide-ranging educational program, which complements the exhibitions with lectures, literary readings, film screenings, discussions, performances, and concerts.
Preserving the history of The Renaissance Society and contributing to the body of knowledge about contemporary art, the museum has digitally archived documentation from its entire history. The museum’s website is today an important resource for scholars and researchers.
All exhibitions and events are free and open to the public.
For additional information, please visit The Renaissance Society (website)
MAIN FOCUS, PRIORITIES, AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director serves as the Chief Curator and Chief Executive Officer of The Renaissance Society and is responsible for its overall management, including its exhibitions and programs, its physical and financial resources, its personnel, and its future growth and development.
The Executive Director manages a full- and part-time staff of eight, reports to the Board of Directors through the president of the Board, and works closely with the Executive Committee and other standing and ad hoc committees of the Board. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the Board and serves on all its committees.
The Executive Director will be an experienced curator with an informed eye and exceptional vision who will also be expected to be a qualified administrative executive director, fundraiser, and active representative for The Renaissance Society in the local, national, and international communities. A deep and passionate commitment to art, and, in particular, the art of our time and to the mission of The Renaissance Society;
- A deep and passionate commitment to art, and, in particular, the art of our
- A strong affinity for the mission of The Renaissance
- Extensive experience in the field.
- A sizable network, including museum colleagues, artists, and gallery contacts;
- Prior experience with operations at a museum or kunsthalle.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to focus and
- The ability to manage financial
- An enthusiastic and successful
- Excellent writing and communication
- Strong interpersonal and leadership
- Able to be effective under pressure and handle constant multitasking;
- Willing and able to sustain a demanding travel schedule while staying closely engaged at the museum.
- A self-starter and creative problem-solver, undaunted by a lean institution.
- A track record of fostering a collaborative working environment while coalescing others around objectives and their successful implementation.
- Strongly desired but not required: an advanced degree in an art-related field.
Naree Viner and Stephen Milbauer of Koya Leadership Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here or email Stephen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that partners exclusively with mission-driven clients, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our clients and ensuring they have the strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/82btcsf3cxbbxtdq
Categories: Job Postings