On behalf of the AAMG board, our conference organizers, hosts, and volunteers, we look forward to welcoming you to Eugene for the 2017 Annual Conference. You are joining nearly 275 museum professionals, students, and service providers/sponsors for our largest conference to date. A list of registrants (registered through June 5) is included in the program.
- Please check the conference program for any updates and, if you are presenting, please make sure the information is accurate. If it’s not, or you have other questions, please emailJill Hartz asap!
- If you are presenting and haven’t let Jill Hartz or Paul Norquist know about your tech needs, please share that info right away!
- Registration will open outside the Ballroom on the second level of the Erb Memorial Union (EMU), which is on University Avenue, at 2:30 pm Thursday. If you are attending a roundtable, please register first.
- Please note that there are two roundtables at the Museum of Natural and Cultural History; the remainder are at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA). Once you’re in the museum, we’ll direct you to the roundtable of your choice.
- All sessions, other than workshops, are first-come, first-served. We have reserved the Ballroom for all those we anticipate having the largest attendance.
- If you are signed up for an optional Thursday excursion, Lauren Nichols is your contact, and she will be in direct contact with you about logistics.
- If you signed up for a Friday night Affinity Dinner and are not planning to go, please let Lauren Nichols know right away. Others may want to take your place.
- If you are flying into Eugene, you will find taxis on the second floor outside the airport. Eugene does not have Uber. You can also rent cars at the airport, and there is a shuttle service, with a booth inside the airport.
- Almost all hotels are within walking distance to the museums and the EMU. Most hotels have maps and can help direct you, and some may offer shuttle service.
- If you are interested in Sunday workshops or white water rafting, please email everyoneLauren Nichols and Jill Hartz. We had one white water rafting cancellation so have one place to fill. The three Sunday workshops still have a few openings, too!
Other questions? Please let us know. Our membership coordinator, Lauren Basing, can answer any questions about registration payment and processing.
Jill Hartz, Executive Director
President, Association of Academic Museums and Galleries