The Assistant Director of Development will provide strategy and leadership in raising private support for the Gregg Museum. The Gregg Museum is NC State’s collecting museum with nearly 40,000 diverse objects and artifacts in its permanent collection. In 2013, the Gregg Museum moved from its former space in Talley Student Union and began a capital campaign to raise $4 million in private donations for a renovation and expansion to establish a new facility on the site of the historic chancellor’s residence. The opening of the new museum space is anticipated in August 2017.
The Assistant Director of Development for the Gregg Museum will play a critical role in establishing annual and long-range fundraising plans designed to solicit financial support for the museum’s ongoing operations, exhibitions, programs and other identified priorities. Many strategies for the museum will be new, including launching a robust “Friends of the Gregg” membership program that strategically acquires and upgrades members. The Assistant Director will also formalize opportunities for sponsorship and other mid-level gifts ($1,000-$25,000) and will solicit members and additional prospective donors for these gifts. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and communicator.
This position reports to the Director of Development for Arts NC State and will have a second reporting line to the Director of the Gregg Museum of Art and Design. The Assistant Director will work with the Director of Development to: 1) define metrics for measuring museum fundraising success; 2) integrate museum fundraising plans with larger Arts Development strategy; 3) measure and report on membership results; and 4) build a pipeline of major and planned gift prospects for the Gregg.
As part of the annual fundraising plan, the Assistant Director will focus on key fundraising projects including:
- Develop and oversee Friends of the Gregg Membership Program.
- Develop and implement membership acquisition, renewal, and stewardship program through direct mail, email, phone, events, in-person meetings, museum website, and other vehicles.
- Work with marketing staff and outside vendors to produce print and web communications.
- Work with the museum Events Coordinator and the Curator of Education to plan member-exclusive events and programs.
- Serve as the main contact between the Gregg and its non-major donors through phone, in-person, and email communication.
- Manage member database for tracking, management, and reporting.
- Track, analyze, and report on progress and performance of the membership program including member retention and program growth; regularly evaluate effectiveness of strategies, services, materials, benefits and policies related to membership.
- Serve as liaison with special interest and support groups such as the Friends of the Gregg (FOG) Board of Advisors.
- Present analytical fundraising reports on a regular basis for supervisors, key staff, and FOG Board.
- Train board members, volunteers, interns, docents, and staff on membership program, ensuring that they serve as strong advocates of the program.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Manage the creation of sponsorship opportunities and cultivate and solicit businesses and individuals for sponsorships.
- Formalize and grow foundation solicitation plan through identification of goal-aligned foundations, writing of gift applications and requests, and stewardship.
- Identify additional opportunities to secure gifts of up to $25,000 through sources such as in-kind donations, matching gifts and other innovative fund development initiatives.
Please visit the NC State University jobs board to apply for the position: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/85341
Categories: Job Postings