Manage, plan and coordinate activities associated with the physical, environmental and security operations of the Nasher Museum of Art. Secure services to meet museum needs for physical aspects of daily operations, maintenance, repairs, renovations and new construction.
- Manage, plan, coordinate and monitor the physical, environmental and security conditions and general maintenance of the building facilities and grounds of the Nasher Museum of Art.
- Secure and coordinate related services with appropriate departments or outside organizations including, but not limited to, housekeeping, HVAC, structural and cosmetic repairs, and maintenance of safety features; solicit proposals and/or bids from alternative service providers where appropriate and make recommendations for optimal selection. Determine priorities for the enhancement, repair and modification of building facilities and equipment; develop plans for enhancement as well as ongoing and preventive maintenance of facilities.
- Coordinate with Special Events Coordinator, Registrar, Chief Preparator to co-manage all activities and functions with the museum, on the ground, and at off-site storage facilities.
- Coordinate with Manager of Protection Services to update plans for response to and recovery from emergency and disaster conditions as pertaining to assigned building (s); lead and participate in implementation of emergency plans in appropriate situations.
- Monitor and analyze building conditions and assigned building management resources; prepare reports setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions; advise other museum staff as required, regarding building conditions and utilization as affected by repair/maintenance/enhancement activities.
- Make work assignments and coordinate multiple maintenance trade and security activities where appropriate; recommend various personnel actions for assigned employees including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Manage key and card access system for museum users to provide necessary access while protecting against unauthorized access to restricted areas.
- Coordinate and support communication and media technology for all areas of the Nasher Museum preferred.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work generally requires the ability to coordinate activities, analyze diverse situations and recommend appropriate conclusions normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree program.
Work generally requires the ability to organize and coordinate a variety of facility maintenance and management activities normally acquired through three years of directly related experience; information technology experience is preferred.
Please apply through the Duke HR website with a cover letter and resume: https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply. Use requisition #401469781.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Categories: Job Postings