The University Art Galleries Department (UART) supports the educational mission of Texas A&M University by providing impactful visual arts experiences to diverse campus and regional community audiences. UART serves as steward of its collections, promoting arts advocacy and engagement across the university. UART operates two art museums located in the TAMU Memorial Student Center: the J. Wayne Stark Galleries and the Forsyth Galleries.
Job Summary: This position offers exciting opportunities for someone with strong graphic design and communication skills to help promote the exhibitions and programming at two University art museums. The Communications Specialist also helps to grow the presence/brand of the galleries through web design and social media management to an increasingly diverse campus and community.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of communications and/or marketing experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with basic graphic design software, such as software in Creative Suite, and web management software such as WordPress.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software programs.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five years of communications and/or marketing experience.
- Experience in developing press releases, writing articles and preparing reports and presentations.
- Previous copy editing experience.
- Experience maintaining websites.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design software, such as software in Creative Suite, and web management software such as WordPress.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software programs.
Proposed Minimum Salary: $3,042.67 monthly
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
For a full position description and to apply, search for posting # R-012811 on the TAMU Jobs website: https://jobs.tamu.edu . Résumés or applications sent directly to the department cannot be accepted.
Categories: Job Postings