Primary responsibility includes:
- All aspects of scheduled exhibitions in the University of Nebraska at Omaha Art Gallery along with oversight and maintenance of the permanent art and print collections.
- In cooperation with the Art Gallery Committee, makes recommendations to the Art & Art History Coordinator regarding Gallery exhibitions and scheduling, with final decisions approved by the School Director.
- Oversees the receipt, installation, maintenance, display and return of art associated with exhibitions, plus other scheduled guest activities that occur in the Gallery.
- Works cooperatively with the Art Gallery Committee and the Unit Coordinator to establish and maintain policies and procedures related to operations and maintenance.
- Supervises student workers, interns and volunteers.
- Works cooperatively with the College Communications Specialist to create promotions for activity in the Gallery.
- Maintains an up-to-date contact list of Gallery patrons.
Secondary responsibility includes:
- Management of an Image Production Lab (IPL) where students document their art for the online portfolio review.
- Leads group and individual demonstrations in the IPL, and guides students with photographic technology to capture images of their artwork.
- Oversees maintenance of IPL technology and supplies.
- Builds and maintains an Internet Image Database (MDID) that expands the art history image collection through the web-based technologies.
- Accountable for record keeping and responsible budget management, including possible grant writing and donor prospect cultivation.
Position is Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and some evenings for special events for which the employee will be notified well in advance.
- BA/BFA in Art, Art History or related Art field and will consider a combination of education and work experience.
- Physical demands of the job include ability to lift 25+ pounds, stand sit, use of hands, walking, seeing and speaking.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Noise level is low to moderate and regularly works indoors.
- UNO is an AA/EEO/ADA institution.
Apply at: https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/search
Categories: Job Postings