Aurora University seeks qualified candidates for the Director of the Schingoethe Center. This position supports learning by leading and enhancing the position of the museum as a vibrant and interdisciplinary cultural center for exhibitions, programs and events that benefits both university and surrounding community life as an important regional museum.
Essential Job Requirements:
- BA in Art, Art History, Art Education or Museum/Curatorial Studies with an advanced degree in an appropriate discipline such as an MA in Art History or Museum/Curatorial Studies, MFA in Studio Art, or MA in Art Education are required.
- Knowledge of American Indian art and history is preferred.
- Three or more years experience as a museum director or in an equivalent nonprofit executive-leadership or department-head position; art-museum experience preferred.
- Demonstrated curatorial success is required with a strong aesthetic sense and knowledge of contemporary art.
- Extensive background in museum/art center programming and operations.
- Teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of curatorial work including exhibition research, development and installation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards and best practices for museums and non-profits.
- Knowledge of state and federal law as regards museum collections and non-profit management.
- Ability to provide strong leadership, vision and strategic direction.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Experience with graphics programs such as Canva or Photo Shop is a plus, working knowledge of Past Perfect museum software or a similar database product.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse campus community.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
To view full job posting: https://aurora.edu/hr/jobs/Director-Schingoethe-Center.html
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Categories: Job Postings