The Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art or NEHMA seeks an experienced art educator to prepare and lead community arts activities in Cache Valley and throughout the State. This position requires some daytime hours that are flexible. Most hours for the position will come from evening and weekend outreach events. Total hours per week will be variable based on events averaging 10-29 hours per week. $13/hour.
As an arts educator, you will expand partnerships with the community, work with our education coordinator, develop outreach activities, assist with lesson plan development, and offer learning opportunities to community members at various events.
- Engage with the public to provide art-making activities as well as information on NEHMA exhibits and supplemental events.
- Develop partnerships with community groups and K-12 audiences.
- Communicate with various people to organize the visits.
- Develop lesson plans which merges public interests with NEHMA collection and mission statement.
- Use evaluations to measure patron feedback at events.
- Order supplies necessary for art activities.
- Schedule staff with an online scheduling software.
- Communicate curriculum to volunteers and assistant staff members.
- Drive NEHMA’s 30-foot Mobile Art Truck.
- Pack, set up, and take down tables, chairs, art supplies, and other necessary equipment.
Examples of outreach activities:
- Providing art making activates at the Farmers market.
- Running a booth at Science Unwrapped and other USU outreach events.
- Lead community art day events at the museum which consist of theme-based art making activities inspired by the exhibit on view.
- Participate in festivals and fairs in Cache Valley, Salt Lake, and Southern Utah.
- Arts education experience
- Experience with outreach programming or events preferred
- Office administrative experience also preferred
Categories: Job Postings