Position Description Summary
This position is crucial in two major areas – art care and facilities management. Both areas involve the attention and coordination of art handling, supplies and materials inventory, and climate control in order to meet the mission and standards of care for the museum.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Experience in handling, storing, packing and installing art.
- Experience with building maintenance, repairs, and projects.
- Knowledge of installation and de-installation procedures related to two and three dimensional artworks that includes construction, painting, framing, crating, art handling, hanging, lighting, vinyl signage, labels, and art storage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills to be able to communicate courteously and effectively with staff and the public.
- Valid Driver License. Ability to frequently lift and/or move twenty pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Fine Art, or closely related discipline.
- One (1) year experience in handling, storing, packing and installing art.
- Experience with mechanical and HVAC including software systems for a large facility.
- Knowledge of art and design.
Can experience substitute for education?No
Can education substitute for experience?No
Job TypeFull-Time StaffPay Range$2,780.16 – $2,946.00
Posting TypeOpen to PublicOpen Date09/26/2017Close Date10/26/2017
|Job Duties||Install and de-install two and three dimensional exhibitions of art, build needed crates and crating materials, install and replace lights and bulbs, install and remove vinyl signage and labels, construct exhibition stands, walls and props, do art matting and framing as necessary and attend necessary staff meetings.|
|Job Duties||Oversee interior and exterior building maintenance and repair. Supervise HVACoperation. Maintain materials and inventory of supplies related to the building and exhibitions. Submit purchase requests when necessary. Prepare, maintain, install and de-install materials related to hurricane preparation and response.|
|Job Duties||Responsible for maintenance of van. Maintains heavy equipment and workshop materials.|
|Job Duties||Transport art and pick up maintenance materials and workshop supplies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Applications may be submitted here :
Categories: Job Postings