The Scholarship Program, sponsored by the Mountain-Plains Museums Association (MPMA), state associations, industry partners, private donors, and annual auction proceeds, provides financial assistance to those studying and/or working in MPMA’s ten-state region so they may attend the annual conference. MPMA seeks scholarship candidates who will benefit from attendance at the MPMA conference but may not have the necessary financial means to attend.
You must be an individual member of MPMA or work at a member institution to apply. Individuals who have received a scholarship in the past are not eligible to apply for a scholarship in the same application area.
You must be an:
- Emerging Professional: An individual with less than 3 years in the museum profession.
- Mid-career Professional: An individual who has worked 3-10 years in the museum profession.
- Student: A graduate student (or an undergraduate student of exceptional quality and initiative) currently enrolled in Art, Art History, Anthropology, Museum Studies, History or the equivalent.
All scholarships include a cash award plus conference registration
- Ten (10) General MPMA Scholarships
- One (1) Association of South Dakota Museums Scholarship (ASDM)
Applicant must reside in South Dakota and be an ASDM member
- Two (2) Dakin Scholarships
Applicant must be an employee of a museum owned and operated by a tribe or a Native American student currently in a museum training program
- One (1) RC-MPMA/ANR Transport Scholarship
Applicant must be a current paid member of RC-MPMA
- One (1) RC-MPMA/Ship Art – Terry Dowd LLC Scholarship
Applicant must be a current paid member of RC-MPMA and have at least 6 years of experience in the field
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 8, 2018
For more information and to apply: MPMA 2018 Conference Scholarships
Thank you to our scholarship partners: The Association of South Dakota Museums, the Volver Trust, ANR Transport, and Ship Art – Terry Dowd, LLC.
Categories: General Announcement