The Western Museums Association announces the Request for Proposals for WMA 2018, which will be held in Tacoma, Washington on October 21-24. With the theme of INSPIRE, The WMA is requesting session proposals that address how museums can inspire their staff, community, and the world to take action, work towards change, and promote unity.
Through the theme of INSPIRE, we will focus on the ways museums inspire action, change, and unity.
- How can museums inspire communities to take action?
- How can museums be agents of social change / social justice?
- How can museums increase diversity in their exhibits, programming, and museum staff/boards?
- What cross-sector, unconventional partnerships can be formed between museums and other organizations?
- How can we make museums more inclusive places?
We would love to get proposals from AAMG’s members – and have their perspectives represented at the Annual Meeting.
Please review the Proposal Guidelines before you complete the Session Proposal Form.
Share your ideas and perspectives with the Western museum community.
Submit a WMA 2018 Proposal Today!
The deadline for proposals is Friday, November 17th.
Categories: General Announcement