University of Notre Dame
Public Programs, Assistant Curator of Education
The University of Notre Dame (http://ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Public Programs, Assistant Curator of Education.
Applications will be accepted until 3/8/2018.
The Public Programs, Assistant Curator of Education is both the public face of the Snite Museum of Art for many children and adults and a vital behind-the-scenes support staff member. They are an integral member of the Public Programs education team. The ideal Assistant Curator is outgoing, creative, flexible, and organized.
Specific responsibilities include:
• organizing, scheduling, and facilitating school programs including but not limited to: Jumpstart, Museum Morning: Perspectives, mailto:Young@Art, Visual Arts Academy
• teaching onsite in Museum galleries and offsite in classrooms and community spaces
• working with teachers to develop curriculum connected experiences in the Museum
• developing content for gallery experiences for school children
• scheduling non-program school visits
• greeting and orienting school groups upon arrival at the Museum
• managing the touring calendar and scheduling docents
• maintaining the online school tour sign-up system (Qualtrics) and school visit statistics
• producing a monthly educator e-newsletter
• maintaining art supplies and materials for school programs
• developing content and providing support for ongoing docent training
• assisting the Curator of Education, Public Programs with other education programs including but not limited to: family days and nights, 3rd mailto:Thursdays@the Snite, Art Beat
Applicants must be available to occasionally assist with evening and weekend Snite Museum programs such as exhibition receptions, films, concerts, and family programs.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in art, art history, museum studies, or education, and at least one year of experience in a comparable position. Relevant work experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s degree.
Other Skills/Qualifications we are seeking include:
• creative thinker and problem solver with strong faculty for big-picture planning as well as execution of day-to-day details.
• is passionate about art, museums, and art education.
• skilled at utilizing sound, independent judgment and making responsible decisions and recommendations.
• works independently with confidence.
• able to present clear and comprehensive written reports, procedures and oral presentations; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• is an enthusiastic learner.
• is flexible both in thinking and in action.
• able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people both within and outside the Museum.
• excellent customer service skills.
• strong work ethic and organization skills.
• confident with computers—specifically Microsoft Office products, internet searches, and email.
Master’s degree preferred. Previous experience working with children is desirable.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education’s annual “Great Colleges to Work For” survey…and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # http://apptrkr.com/1166953. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Categories: Job Postings