Open Date: 5/10/22
Jackson Hole Art Auction (JHAA) seeks a full-time registrar to join our team in Jackson, WY.
Since 2007, the Jackson Hole Art Auction has been recognized as one of the premier art
events in the country, defined by the high standard of works offered in a variety of genres
including wildlife, sporting, figurative, landscape, and western art by both renowned past
masters and contemporary artists. The JHAA is a signature event of Jackson Hole’s
annual Fall Arts Festival and attracts collectors from across the country as well as abroad.
With locations in Scottsdale, AZ, Jackson Hole, WY, Santa Fe, NM and New York, the
auction principals, Trailside Galleries and Gerald Peters Gallery, bring over 100 years of
combined experience and expertise to the event.
JHAA is increasing the number of auctions it offers annually and plans to have auctions in categories such as fine furniture & decorative arts, among others.
Duties will include:
• Wall labels and artwork tags
• Data entry and use of AutionFlex software
• Participate in the catalog layout and editing process
• Assist with attendee registrations and bids preceding the annual sale
• Oversee all post-sale shipping logistics, invoice clients and track costs
• Answer phones, email inquiries, and interact with clients in the showroom
• Assist with filing, paperwork, and other administrative tasks
• Order office supplies
• Assist with hanging artwork in auction showroom
• Maintain a company-wide calendar
• Create inventory reports and follow-up on incomplete records (unsigned
contracts, unmarked provenance, ETAs, etc.)
• Create monthly insurance reports
• Maintain contact records and create mailing lists
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Art History or related field and two years’ experience in an
auction, museum, or gallery; or an equivalent combination of education and
• Experience with data entry (AuctionFlex preferred), Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Art handling experience and knowledge of best practices is a plus.
• Attention to detail and ability to self-correct
• Ability to problem solve and work independently
• Professional demeanor and strong people skills
Potential housing solution for the qualified candidate relocating to Jackson, WY.
Please contact Kevin Doyle with your resume and cover letter.
Categories: Job Postings