Association of Academic Galleries and Museums
CALL FOR AAMG BOARD NOMINATION
The AAMG has an exciting year ahead, and we are looking for a new Western Regional Representative (AK, CA, HI, ID, NV, OR, UT, WA).
The new representative will assume his/her duties once appointed.
First, we thank outgoing Western Representative, Anna-Maria Shannon who has been appointed Vice President of Membership, for her service in this capacity.
The position is a 3-year appointment, renewable once. Board member institutions must be members of the AAMG or become members at the time of appointment.
The duties of regional representatives include:
- Representing his/her region as a voting member of the board of directors
- Appointing or reconfirming service of a representative in each state in that region as a liaison who will promote activities that advance the AAMG mission
- Learning what major challenges and needs exist in their region in order to build a stronger national
- AAMG organization with our network of state representatives
- Attending the AAMG bi-annual board meetings and annual conference
- Attending the AAM regional conference, developing and advocating for academic sessions, and a gathering of AAMG members and potential members
- Increasing AAMG membership
- Presenting a written and oral report on regional activities at AAMG’s fall and spring board meetings, and members’ business luncheon
Board members are responsible for all expenses related to AAMG travel.
Please send a letter of application and your CV to the chair of the search committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominating Chair, AAMG
Categories: General Announcement