Job no: 763729
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 10
Major Administrative Unit / College: Provost And Academic Affairs
Department: Art Museum 10050506
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
● Reports to the Director of Communications.
● Works with the Director of Communications and across departments collaboratively to complete all communications requests for the museum ranging from graphic design to press releases to social media.
● Promotes museum programs through desiging (branded) materials and content that include, but are not limited to, e-newsletter, brochures, flyers, postcards, print advertisements, billboards, digital graphics, social media, video production, and website.
● Develops content and designs materials for events, programs, and other museum communication museum needs
● Takes initiative in creating new and engaging visual content that supports the internal and external communications of the museum
● Works directly with printers and vendors to manage projects in their entirety, including requesting quotes, minding budgets, meeting deadlines, and reporting timely progress updates to the Director of Communications.
● Writes, copywrites and edits to ensure consistency in quality, voice, and style of external communications.
● Supports website and social media maintenance and content management.
● Assists and on occasion coordinates social media and email marketing planning and dissemination.
● Represents the museum at functions, professional organizations, student engagement opportunities, and external outreach events in our community.
● Oversees designated student employees and/or interns.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Telecommunications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in internal communications; news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation software; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio production; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree or above in communications, graphic design, advertising, or related field.
3+ years of graphic design experience.
Attentive to detail, with effective planning and time management skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate visual ideas effectively.
Ability to amicably incorporate critical feedback and recommended changes.
Ability to work under pressure of managing multiple projects and strict deadlines.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, and Google Business tools.
Fluency in video production
Fluency in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, as well as additional social media listening tools and
Experience working with printers and vendors preferred.
Experience working for a museum or cultural institution preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please submit a cover letter, resumé, and portfolio containing at least 5 varied work samples that demonstrate strong understanding of layout, branding, and typography —at least one work should incorporate some text to highlight copywriter skills.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Categories: Job Postings