Application Deadline: Open until filled Position Number: AS8060
The OSU Museum of Art seeks a Communications Coordinator to broaden and diversify our audience and drive visitor engagement, both on-site and online. Reporting to the Director, the Communications Coordinator works in collaboration with the Museum staff and colleagues across campus to promote the Museum and its exhibitions, programs, and events via social media, email marketing, advertising, and other means. The Communications Coordinator will lead the marketing and public relations efforts of the Museum in a way that prioritizes creativity, community participation, and continual analysis/iteration of activities. This position is also responsible for the graphic design and layout of in-house publications, didactics, and promotion of materials that promote programs and events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and document a strategic marketing plan for the Museum to include objectives, goals, action plans and assessment methods.
- Act as primary liaison to the OSU Brand Management and OSUF Marketing Departments.
- Key member of the OSUMA strategic planning team to determine long-term marketing strategies for the Museum.
- Create an annual marketing/event calendar, which includes constant contact with all partner organizations to obtain necessary information for the calendar.
- Create, implement, and evaluate all marketing activities for Museum exhibitions and programs, to include: the design, production and promotion of catalogues, brochures, publications, annual reports, advertisements, e-newsletters, press releases, articles, event signage, museum website, and social media outlets.
- Work with staff members, interns, and volunteers to support their participation in social media activities and creation of promotional material.
- Work closely with Museum staff regarding purchase, design, and placement of all advertising. Also perform research to help place ads most effectively.
- Work closely with Museum staff and OSUF on annual benefit and ëfriendsí events and promotion thereof.
- Engage with guest curators and artists to promote exhibitions and associated programming.
- Analyze audience metrics, both on-site and online.
- Supervise interns.
Public Relations Duties:
- Write, edit, and distribute publicity to the media, including, but not limited to, news releases, articles, public service announcements, and calendar entries. Respond to media inquiries and set up interviews.
- Connect with local businesses about potential partnerships around events and exhibitions. (Downtown Stillwater Cultural District, Visitorís Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Visit Stillwater)
- Continually work to build relationships with media outlets, both traditional and informal, in Stillwater, Oklahoma City, Tulsa and beyond to share our stories most effectively.
- Comfortability with public speaking regarding newspapers, radio and tv interviews as well as in person guests.
- Actively and enthusiastically represent the OSUMA in the community.
Community Engagement Duties:
- Develop, implement, and track creative strategies to encourage deeper participation in OSUMA programming by new and existing visitors and members.
- Work closely with Exhibition and Programming staff to develop creative ideas for partnerships that can expand OSUMA reach and support our partners in the community.
- Work with Museum staff on evaluation strategies to assess both the reach of marketing efforts and the impact of OSUMA programming.
- Archive all publications, contact information, and other pertinent materials appropriately.
- Organize all photography and documentation of media for future reference to support record keeping, grant applications, and other planning documents.
- Participate on Exhibition planning team to develop materials, press releases, and editorial contributions at the beginning of the planning process.
- Participate in professional development activities sponsored by the Museum and University.
- Be active professionally through research, publications, presentations, speaking engagements, and involvement in professional associations.
- Serve on pre-approved committees.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills, Proficiencies, and Knowledge:
- Bachelorís degree and at least three years of relevant marketing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to organize materials, write, edit, visualize concepts, communicate, and interpret goals, including demonstrated proficiency in the use of AP style and adaptive writing.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Personable and diplomatic in working with diverse constituencies and capable of inspiring participation from partners, media outlets, and community members. Fearless in reaching out to media.
- Enthusiastic about teamwork. Ability to work well with staff, interns, and volunteers to promote the philosophy and goals of the Museum.
- Must learn quickly and adapt to quickly changing environment. Self-driven, able to multi-task, creative, and superb on follow-through.
- An analytic approach to work, constantly thinking in terms of iteration, testing, measurement, and redirection.
- Ability to work with a variety of social media tools and utilize creative approaches to community engagement both online and out in the world.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere; Mailchimp; Google Analytics and Ads; Facebook Advertising; and YouTube Studio.
- Three years of graphic design and marketing experience with a portfolio of samples of successful projects.
- Knowledge of art, a degree or minor in Art History a plus.
- Experience with an Art Museum or cultural organization.
To apply, go to https://jobs.okstate.edu. Applications must be submitted electronically. A cover letter and resume will be required to complete the application process.
OSU is an AA/EEO/E-Verify Employer. Hiring Range: $38,500.00 – $57,800.00 Job Location: Stillwater, OK
Categories: Job Postings