The University Art Galleries Department (UART) supports the educational mission of Texas A&M University by providing impactful visual arts experiences to diverse campus and regional community audiences. UART serves as steward of its collections, promoting arts advocacy and engagement across the university. UART operates two art museums located in the TAMU Memorial Student Center: the J. Wayne Stark Galleries and the Forsyth Galleries.
Job Description: The Communications Specialist provides direct assistance to the Forsyth and Stark Galleries in areas of public relations and public communications. Designs, edits and assists in the production of informational and promotional materials, presentations and special events. Writes, edits, and manages web content and social media.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of communications and/or marketing experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with basic graphic design software, such as software in Creative Suite, and web management software such as WordPress.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software programs.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Requires some participation in other activities at times beyond usual working hours, including nights and weekends.
- Requires ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Salary Range: $36,512.00 – $38,500.00
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
For a full position description and to apply, search for posting # R-008827on the TAMU Jobs website: https://jobs.tamu.edu . Résumés or applications sent directly to the department cannot be accepted.
Categories: Job Postings