- Reports to the Director of Communications.
- Works with the Director of Communications and across departments collaboratively to complete all design requests for the museum.
- Works within the current visual brand to produce materials that include, but are not limited to, brochures, flyers, postcards, print advertisements, billboards, digital graphics, and website layouts.
- Develops unique branding for events and programs as needed.
- Takes initiative in creating new and engaging visual content that represents the museum’s brand and supports the communications strategy.
- Works directly with printers and vendors to manage projects in their entirety, including requesting quotes, minding budgets, meeting deadlines, and reporting timely progress updates to the Director of Communications.
- Copywrites and edits to ensure consistency in quality, voice, and style of communications.
- Supports website maintenance and content management.
- Assists with social media and email marketing planning and dissemination.
- Represents the museum at functions, professional organizations, student engagement opportunities, and external outreach events in our community.
- Oversees designated student employees and/or interns.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in communications, graphic design, advertising, or related field.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience.
- Experience working under pressure of managing multiple projects and strict deadlines.
- Attentive to detail, with effective planning and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate visual ideas effectively.
- Experience using design as a creative problem-solving tool and to effectively communicate a message.
- Ability to present work to Director of Communications and other departments, and amicably incorporate critical feedback and recommended changes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, and Google Business tools.
- Fluency in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, as well as additional social media listening tools and project management software.
- Experience working for a museum or cultural institution preferred.
- Experience working in Drupal CMS preferred.
- Experience working with printers and vendors preferred.
Required Application Materials
Please submit a cover letter, resumé, and portfolio/portfolio link containing at least 5 varied work samples that demonstrate strong understanding of layout, branding, and typography—at least one work should incorporate some text to highlight copywriting skills.
Categories: Job Postings