VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Position Title||Curator of Education|
|Salary Range||$43,028 + experience|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Anticipated Start Date||07/18/2016|
|Extended Open Deadline|
|Work Hours||M-F, 40 hrs/wk|
Position Summary Information
To develop, direct, implement, and evaluate all education programs and publication. To train and supervise education staff. To write Museum publication “Notes”, update Museum website, and oversee social media.
|Required Quals Summary|
|Special Notes To Applicants|
1. Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of all educational programs provided by the museum, including (but not limited to) school tours, adult tours, seminars, workshops, and special programs.
2. Publish Museum quarterly newsletter and other publications as needed.
3. Maintain Museum’s website and oversee social media.
4. Supervise education staff and volunteers.
5. Speak to civic groups and other organizations, give tours when needed, assist with exhibit text, and assist with fund raising and grants when required.
6. Serve as coordinator for the Brazos Valley Regional History Fair. Duties include: fund raising; record keeping; recruiting participants judges, and volunteers; creating and managing schedules; managing funds; communicating with all involved.
7. Presentations to Texas history classes on the Bryan and Brenham campuses.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Masters degree in museum studies, education, public history, or related field.
2. Two years experience in museum education, historic sites, or similar.
1. Highly developed computer skill in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and some graphic design
2. Ability to write and speak with clarity and effectiveness to a range of audiences
3. Knowledge of state education requirements and curriculum
4. Knowledge of Texas History
5. Must be highly motivated and possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three to five years experience in museum education, historic sites, public history or similar
1. Experience with website design and updating
2. Experience with graphic design, layout and printing
3. Knowledge of american alliance of Museums Standards of Excellence
4. College teaching experience
Categories: Job Postings