Curator of New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art, Historic New Harmony
The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Curator of New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art. This position provides administration, marketing and oversight of the daily operation of the New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art (Gallery), including coordinating the Gallery’s main exhibition space.
- Schedule exhibitions in the main Gallery exhibition space with an emphasis on contemporary Midwestern artists.
- Travel regionally to discover the work of artists and collaborate with other contemporary curators.
- Work with the USI Foundation to develop the Gallery’s annual appeal and other fundraising opportunities, such as sponsorships and underwriting.
- Work in concert with USI’s McCutchan Art Center’s schedule of exhibits and programs.
- Schedule artist workshops in New Harmony and collaborate with the University’s art and design department’s visiting artists’ programs.
- Promote and oversee James A. Sanders Fellow student intern program at the Gallery.
- Promote the Gallery locally, regionally, and specifically to University faculty, staff and students.
- Research and write grants.
- Work closely with the New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art (NHGCA) Advisory Board.
- Oversee an active consignment shop, featuring local and regional artists.
- Collaborate with other New Harmony businesses to promote tourism.
- Supervise staff, interns and student workers.
- Assist with related administrative duties, including budget preparation and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, art history or a related field required.
- Museum or gallery administration experience required.
- Knowledge of curatorial and registrar duties required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with computers, word processing, spreadsheets, database, and email software required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Please visit www.usi.edu/jobs to complete an application and upload application materials to the attention of Mrs. Leslie Townsend, Search Committee Chair. Application materials should include:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required at later stage)
For best consideration, please submit materials before October 16, 2023.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Categories: Job Postings