The Development and Membership Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and provides support for all advancement activities within the Neuberger Museum of Art including support of the Development Team and Institutional Advancement colleagues to meet the philanthropic goals of the Neuberger Museum of Art and the Purchase College Foundation.
The Coordinator will serve as a collaborative team member working closely with curatorial, the education and academic program teams and visitor services to advance the mission of the Neuberger Museum of Art. This position will also serve as a liaison to Finance, Advancement Services, Alumni Engagement, Facilities Management, and other internal/external entities and vendors.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Development Team, other Museum staff and Institutional Advancement colleagues to plan, organize and evaluate a year-round schedule of advancement activities to promote, support, and further the fundraising efforts of the NMA
• Work closely with Institutional Advancement and Finance to ensure accurate gift processing and acknowledgement of all donations
• Manage all aspects of monthly membership renewals and quarterly appeals; including data, list segmentation, collateral, mailings, on-site and phone solicitation and support, acknowledgement, benefit fulfillment, and tracking and reporting
• Track and record invoices for processing
• Handles all inquiries via email, website social media, phone, and in person. Involves the Director on complex or sensitive issues.
• Coordinate with marketing on upcoming events and calendars
• Uses appropriate metrics, tracking, and assessment of membership and donors
• Provide support for Development Committee meetings
• Enforce best practices and internal policies; strive for the highest standards in serving museum donors and audiences
• Assists in developing and executing programs and events; including the annual benefit, ArtTreks and Membership Events.
Bachelor’s degree. At least two years of related work experience. Proficiency in MS Office, managing databases and spreadsheets. Knowledge or prior experience with stewardship of donors and management of membership a plus Knowledge in Raiser’s Edge a plus. Experience managing all the logistics of events. Flexible. Some night and weekend work will be required.
The individual should possess the following skills, traits, and characteristics:
• Committed to exceptional quality and excellent customer service.
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced, and time-sensitive environment.
• Possess excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and work independently.
• Ability to be flexible and prioritize multiple projects.
• Comfortable with public speaking and the ability to deal with diverse constituencies.
•Possess a high level of attention to detail.
Instructions to Candidate:
To apply for the position, please visit our Purchase College Job Vacancy website at https://jobs.purchase.edu and complete an online application.
Purchase College SUNY is an AA/EEO employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Categories: Job Postings