Join a fast-growing contemporary art organization and help us secure the support needed to bring innovative and adventurous programming to the community! The Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston is searching for a Development Coordinator to help with our mission-centric fundraising efforts and be the main point of contact for our awesome members. This entry-level, full-time position works with our senior staff on the long-term strategic success and growth of our membership program and other funding initiatives like grants and our Community Partners program.
- Develops, presents, and implements a comprehensive marketing and development plan for the Halsey Institute. Works with Institutional Advancement, Division of Marketing and Communication, the School of the Arts leadership, etc. to promote the Halsey Institute, cultivate new donors, and grow the Halsey Institute’s membership. Represents the Halsey Institute’s membership program in the broader community and to other arts organizations.
- Works with Halsey and School of the Arts leadership to develop, promote, and implement an annual calendar of events, appeals, and programs to engage the gallery donors, members, and the local community to achieve fundraising goals. Strategically leverages the gallery resources to support solicitation and stewardship goals. Develops and oversees all donor appreciation and acknowledgment activities (approx. 15 per year), membership drives, and stewardship efforts. Oversees membership-related events and manages a portfolio of individuals, corporations, and organizations with donor potential. Creates targeted appeals.
- Reviews, analyzes, and summarizes activities and success rates for the Director. Consults with leadership to build strategic and tactical plans for setting and achieving annual giving goals. Uses data and best practices to forecast annual and long-term fundraising projections. Prepares and analyzes ad hoc and regular reports to predict trends and advise leadership.
- Researches new grant opportunities and creates foundation and government grant proposals. Ensures compliance with existing grant parameters. Works closely with the Office of Grants and Research to ensure accurate and timely submissions, tracking, spending, and reporting on all grants.
- Shared responsibility for managing and monitoring a variety of complex State, foundation, and grant accounts. With input from the Director and Curators, develops program and event budgets. Provides high-level reports and detailed accounts of expenditures and income for budgets totaling close to $1M.
- Acts as staff liaison to the Advisory Board Membership Committee, Advisory Board Endowment Committee, and Advisory Board Special Events.
Some travel is required. Some evening events and weekend duties.
$30,000 – 35,000. Salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check. This is a full-time, permanent position with the College of Charleston, SC Pay Band 4. A description of benefits can be found at https://hr.cofc.edu/benefits/index.php
Bachelor’s degree in Arts Management (or related field) and 2 years of arts-related non-profit fundraising experience is required. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive products. Proficiency using or ability to learn QuickBooks, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact, and DonorSnap. Requires superior organizational skills and the ability to work on several large-scale projects simultaneously. Ability to maintain effective working relationships. Knowledge of institutional program goals and objectives. Knowledge of effective sales techniques and means of contacting alumni, students, donors, and the public.
Oversee activities of three Advisory Board committees, interns, and volunteers
All applications must be submitted online at https://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/10642
Friday, June 11, 2021
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Categories: Job Postings