In concert with the Vice President for Advancement, develop and implement strategies to cultivate and grow the alumni/donor base of the College through events and grow the overall capacity for fund raising through support of strategy and design of varied solicitations for annual, major, capital, sponsorships and planned gifts.
1. Coordinate with other development officers and staff in establishing and executing a calendar and/or other strategies for communications and solicitations with alumni as an important emphasis.
2. Participate in supporting strategies of cultivation, solicitation and ongoing maintenance of relationships with alumni as an important emphasis.
3. Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to grow annual giving.
4. Support the design needs of the advancement office for events, appeals, flyers, letters, brochures, signs and other media. This includes maintenance of photos and advancement social media.
5. Working with leadership, lead, plan, and execute all aspects of advancement events.
6. Seek support for advancement events such as golf tournament and Performance Series.
7. Participate in community and donor networking opportunities and build relationships with managers, caterers, etc. and internal groups such as facilities, media, and others that may be part of event planning and execution.
8. Establish processes for ticket system and assure entry of accurate data, ticket sales, ticket distribution and accounting.
9. Negotiate contracts with outside groups for events and work with internal and external groups to ensure obligations are met.
10. Establish, monitor and maintain processing and reporting procedures to provide accurate and useful data for internal and external stakeholders and for use in decision-making.
11. Coordinate with and assist other Development Officers and staff.
1. Acquire and maintain current knowledge of public activities and internal projects, policies and procedures of the College and Foundation.
2. Remain current in knowledge, programs, events, and trends that result in an effective college advancement office.
3. Participate on college committees.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Frequent use of personal computer and related equipment
2. Normal use of telephone and standard office equipment
3. Some travel to attend meetings, meet with prospective donors, professional development training, events or other business related functions.
4. Normal sitting and movement in an office and campus environment.
5. Long periods of standing, walking and lifting of boxes, materials, etc. in setting up for events.
6. Work outside of normal business hours as required.
Requirements of the Position
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in development, higher education, event planning or related experience with transferable skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORK CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Organize, plan and execute quality events.
2. Maximize budget.
3. Oral and written communication skills.
4. Planning and organizational skills.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work effectively within a complex organization dedicated to working with and respecting others.
6. Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn databases.
7. Effective use and knowledge of social media.
8. Self-starting, entrepreneurial and creative in formulating and executing ideas, opportunities, and strategies for Development activities.
9. Work effectively as a team member.
10. High level of energy, initiative and creativity.
11. Decision-making and negotiating skills.
Hiring Salary Range: $54,187 – $67,733
To apply, please visit the Tennessee Board of Regents website and follow the instructions:
Categories: Job Postings