Job no: 837038
Work type: Support Staff
Personnel Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Pay Grade: 10
Major Administrative Unit / College: University Arts And Collections
Department: Art Museum 10050506
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Library/Museums/Archives, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Digital Communications Coordinator
- Reports to the Director of Communications.
- Manages and implements the MSU Broad Art Museum’s social media (drafting, publishing, listening, and engagement) for all social media platforms.
- Acts as primary digital audience advocate, supporting interpretive planning and research.
- Manages, updates, and troubleshoots the MSU Broad Art Museum website.
- Introduces strategies to increase of communications objectives and stays aware of industry trends.
- Uses Google Analytics, Sprinklr, and social media native analytics to produce monthly “Digital Dashboards” to the Director of Communications.
- Manages an editorial calendar and the scheduling of posts.
- Manages and/or supervises content creation as primary creator or request contact.
- Manages copywriting and maintaining consistent museum voice online—supports organizational efforts to maintain consistent museum voice and language standards.
- Maintains flexible hours to attend events for posting to social media, including Instagram Stories and TikTok.
- Produces and implements a strategy for search engine marketing, including paid search advertising and search engine optimization.
- Introduces and implements solutions for increasing public awareness and visibility.
- Introduces and implements solutions to engage with target audiences through digital marketing.
- Monitors news for relevant articles and MSU Broad Art Museum press coverage, sharing accordingly and managing the MSU Broad Art Museum news page on the website.
- Strategizes and implements paid promotional strategies on Facebook, Instagram, and other digital platforms.
- Offers support as needed to the creation of content including press releases.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills:
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Telecommunications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in internal communications; news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation software; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio production; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in communications, graphic design, advertising, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Preferred 2+ years of social media management experience in an art museum or similar cultural organization.
- Experience with writing content or copyediting.
- Experience working under pressure of managing multiple projects and strict deadlines.
- Attentive to detail, with effective planning and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and strategies to the Director of Communications and other departments, and amicably incorporate critical feedback and recommended changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and TikTok, as well as additional social media listening tools, and google business suite.
- Working knowledge of WordPress CMS.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with Mailchimp preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
The Bidding Eligibility ends on 01/17/2023 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jan 11, 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 9, 2023 11:55 Eastern Standard Time
Categories: Job Postings