Admin – Arts and Museum Administration
Curate and provide vision for all gallery exhibitions, visitor experiences, and education programs, and direct all administration of the Rueff, Ringel, and Fountain Galleries, including the budget, contracts, and personnel-related issues. Foster an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and teamwork.
· MA (Master of Arts) or MFA (Master of Fine Arts).
· Five years of Art Museum or gallery administration experience.
· Knowledge of exhibition preparation, installation, and museum practices.
· Strong proven skills in effective administration, leadership, and supervision.
· Demonstrated ability for planning and developing a sound fiscal budget.
· Demonstrated ability to develop a full calendar of gallery exhibitions and related programming.
· Substantiated ability of an open collaborative approach to management creating a stimulating and productive work environment building relationships between diverse groups of people (gallery staff, students, faculty, administration, external constituencies including donors and artists).
· Knowledge and skill in grant writing, curating, collections management and marketing.
· Basic understanding of web publishing and maintenance, social media.
· Ability to learn new technology tools.
· Ability to lift and carry 25-50 pounds frequently and 60 pounds occasionally.
· A valid US or Canadian driver’s license is necessary for employment in this position.
· University gallery experience.
· Hours are dependent on exhibitions.
· Transporting of artwork will be necessary.
· Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
· A background check will be required for employment in this position.
For consideration submit resume and apply online for this staff position at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1800367 (direct link: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1800367)
Reference posting number above and source code: WLINHE
Online App. Form:
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Categories: Job Postings