Director of Events & Alumni Relations
In concert with the vice president for advancement, plan and execute all aspects of special events. Develop and implement strategies to cultivate and grow the alumni/donor base of the college through events and varied methods of communication.
1. Working with vice president and other staff, lead, plan, and execute all aspects of advancement events.
2. Participate in community and donor networking opportunities and build relationships with managers, caterers, etc. and internal groups such as facilities, media, and others that may be part of event planning and execution.
3. Establish processes for ticket system and assure entry of accurate data, ticket sales, ticket distribution and accounting.
4. Negotiate contracts with outside groups for events and work with internal and external groups to ensure obligations are met while staying within budgets.
5. Coordinate with other development officers and staff in establishing and executing a calendar and/or other strategies for communications and solicitations with alumni as an important emphasis.
6. Research and implement strategies to grow the college’s connections with alumni.
7. Support the design needs of the advancement office for events, appeals, flyers, letters, brochures, signs and other media. This includes photos and advancement/foundation social media.
8. Seek support for advancement/foundation events such as golf tournament and performance series.
9. Establish, monitor and maintain processing and reporting procedures to provide accurate and useful data for internal and external stakeholders and for use in decision-making.
10. Coordinate with and assist other development officers and staff in advancement/foundation initiatives.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of public activities and internal projects, policies and procedures of the college and foundation.
- Remain current in knowledge, programs, events, and trends that result in an effective college advancement office.
- Participate on college committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Frequent use of personal computer and related equipment
2. Normal use of telephone and standard office equipment
3. Some travel to attend meetings, meet with prospective donors, professional development training, events or other business related functions.
4. Normal sitting and movement in an office and campus environment.
5. Long periods of standing, walking and lifting of boxes, materials, etc. in setting up for events.
6. Work outside of normal business hours as required.
Requirements of the Position
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in development, higher education, event planning or related experience with transferable skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORK CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Oral and written communication skills.
2. Planning and organizational skills.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work effectively within a complex organization dedicated to working with and respecting others.
4. Maximize budget.
5. Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn databases.
6. Effective use and knowledge of social media.
7. Self-starting, entrepreneurial and creative in formulating and executing ideas, opportunities, and strategies for advancement/foundation activities.
8. Work effectively as a team member.
9. High level of energy, initiative and creativity.
10. Decision-making and negotiating skills.
Hiring Salary Range: $54,187 – $67,733
About Columbia State Community College:
As Tennessee’s first community college (established in 1966), Columbia State is committed to increasing access and enhancing diversity at all five of our campuses. Columbia State is a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents. Columbia State is known for excellence both inside and outside the classroom.
Columbia State offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the following:
· Vacation and Sick Leave
· 13 paid holidays
· Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
· Retirement plans
· Optional 401K and 403B Deferred Compensation Plans
· Educational benefits for the employee and their spouse and dependents
Please apply here: Columbia State Community College | Job Opportunities (csod.com)
Columbia State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age (as applicable), status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other category protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Laura Jent, Director of Human Resources
1665 Hampshire Pike, Columbia, TN 38401
Categories: Job Postings