Director of External Affairs
Reporting to the Museum Director, the Director of External Affairs serves as the lead strategist and content creator in all messaging for public relations, marketing, social media, website and visitor services inclusive of the gate and the shop. The successful candidate will assure on-site and virtual continuity for the visitor, in alignment with the mission of the Neuberger Museum of Art to: Champion those who make art, who engage with art, and who discover meaning through art. It fosters imaginative and open-minded inquiry and conversation that is central to the Purchase College commitment to the creative process.
The DoEA will:
· Build, oversee, and provide strategic oversight for External Affairs for the Museum, supervising both staff and consultants in the areas of public relations, marketing, social media, website and visitor services.
· Oversee the Neuberger brand to ensure a consistent and unified message
· Develop and execute a strategic and integrated engagement strategy for museum visitors that creates an on-site and virtual welcoming experience
· Create and maintain a system to assess visitor experience virtually and on-site inclusive of programs and exhibitions, and integrate assessment into future planning;
· Participate in strategic short- and long-term institutional planning in alignment with the Neuberger’s strategic plan (in development);
· Strategize, oversee, implement, and maintain a balanced Department budget;
· Ensure exceptional standards of accessibility, cleanliness, and physical appearance of all public locations;
· Assure that all virtual platforms and print signage are clear and up to date daily and effectively communicates current and upcoming exhibitions, programs as well as ensuring current visitor information about hours, parking, directions, and accessibility
· Coordinate and collaborate with the College’s Campus Communications Services;
· Collaborate with the Museum’s Development and Membership department to assure stewardship of visitors and patrons, and to help grow the membership pipeline;
· Collaborate with the museum’s Curatorial and Education departments to ensure programs are designed in accordance with Visitor Service best practices;
· Collaborate with the Museum’s Director of Facilities to ensure that guests’ needs are being met;
· Work with students and faculty in areas relevant to the position;
· Work a Monday through Friday schedule, and weekends and evenings as needed.
· Masters Degree in related field with 6-8 years relevant experience.
· Documents required for application: 1) Cover Letter 2) Resume 3) Names and Contact Information for Three Professional References 4) Related Writing Sample
Salary range: $90,000- $95,000 plus location pay
To apply visit: https://jobs.purchase.edu/postings/652
Categories: Job Postings