Director of Security, Building Operations and Visitor Services
Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
The director of security, building operations and visitor services is responsible for all operations-related activities of the facility; ensuring an industry standard level of security in both public and non-public areas of the museum; overseeing all cleaning, regular maintenance; establishing and implementing an approachable and friendly visitor services program; and supervising the museum’s space rental and special events department.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Has primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining proper security systems and procedures.
- Ensures the proper function of all security systems including video surveillance, access control, intrusion alarm, and physical/mechanical barriers.
- Hires, trains, and supervises the student gallery guard staff.
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure smooth operations and communications between visitor services and security personnel. •Works with the university Department of Central Security and University Police to maintain appropriate alarm response, card access, and other security system programming.
- Works with the curators, museum registrar, and exhibits coordinator to address issues related to the safety and physical security of the artwork on view and in storage.
Oversees all regular cleaning, maintenance, and operations-related activities of the facility
- Ensures and upholds high standards of cleanliness and upkeep of the facility and grounds.
- Hires, trains, and supervises building operations staff including the building and technical operations assistant and student custodians.
- Establishes and manages the building operations annual budget.
- Plans, prioritizes, and coordinates regular maintenance of the facility.
- Plans, prioritizes, budgets for, and coordinates upgrades to and replacement of building systems, working with University Construction and CPPM when appropriate.
- Works with supporting U departments to ensure smooth operation and upkeep of the facility
- Understands and ensures the proper maintenance of the technical interfaces with the building systems including HVAC (Metasys), and fire detection/suppression (Notifier).
Establishes and implements an approachable and friendly visitor services program
- Oversees all information provided to visitors such as visitor guides, exhibit information, special event information, directions, etc.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student staff to ensure professional visitor engagement.
Supervises the museum’s space rental and special events department
- Hires, trains, and supervises the events coordinator
- Works with events coordinator to establish and manage the space rental annual budget, set space rental rates and fees.
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or a combination of related education and/or work experience in building operations, maintenance, HVAC, and security with a minimum of six years experience. Experience with computer applications that control HVAC, fire, and/or security systems. Must have prior supervisory experience. Demonstrate strong organizational skills, be self-motivated and be able to work independently. Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of art museum operations and practices.
TO APPLY: Submit applications online through the University of Minnesota Human Resources web page. http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/
Job Requisition number: 302728
Categories: Job Postings