The University of Minnesota has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director who will oversee the Bell Museum of Natural History and Planetarium’s (BMNHP) mission through its personnel, research/programs and facilities. The BMNHP mission is to ignite curiosity and wonder, explore our connections to nature and the universe, and create a better future for our evolving world. Specifically, the Executive Director will:
- Be a visible leader at the University, local, regional, and national level who will represent the BMNHP and build support for the institution;
- Advance innovative educational programs and visitor experiences that deepen science literacy and serve the educational needs of a diverse, urban community;
- Engage in fundraising efforts and events to develop major donor support;
- Ensure strong, evidence-based operations that are efficient and fiscally responsible;
- Create a dynamic social gathering space for life-long learning and informed discussion of scientific and environmental issues;
- Oversee and facilitate the museum’s curatorial mission.
A new, state-of-the-art museum facility with improved exhibits space, a versatile 120-seat planetarium/digital theater and expanded educational areas is scheduled to open in St. Paul on the University of Minnesota campus in 2018. This new, $64M facility will showcase University of Minnesota research, scholarship and education in natural science. The Museum’s exhibits and public programming will foster scientific literacy for all ages and will serve as a vital interface between the University and the larger community.
For more information about this position and to apply go to the University of Minnesota employment website and search for requisition #307546.
Categories: Job Postings