About the Museum
Situated in the historic town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley, the Napa Valley Museum provides unique experiences that enrich the cultural fabric of our community through exhibitions and educational programs. At the Napa Valley Museum, we explore the connections between our Valley’s creative expression, culture, history and environment.
Our Museum has three public gallery spaces:
1) Main level Gallery presents four to five major exhibitions per year,
2) Our downstairs Spotlight Gallery presents six to seven smaller exhibits featuring local artists and 3) Our downstairs History Gallery features a permanent exhibition of our Napa Valley history and artifacts from our Museum Collection.
We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization with an Endowment Fund.
Our New Executive Director
The Napa Valley Museum is seeking qualified candidates who possess experience and knowledge of Museum practices, developmental skills, organizational management, and fiscal stability. This position requires participation with the Board of Trustees in developing and carrying out our Museum vision with strategic planning and goal setting.
It is our belief that with strong leadership we will continue to build community support, membership, donors and educational programs.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Increase revenue stream by
- Develop donor participation. Candidate must be comfortable meeting potential donors and participating in social events.
- Participate, advise and work with Trustees in creating leads and performing the ‘ask’.
- Must have comfortable public speaking skills.
- Increase Patron-level partners and participate with Board to create Patron’s events.
- Create unique fundraising special events.
- Work with Board and Staff to develop exhibitions that engage the public, are state of the art and are profitable.
- Understand and oversee our Museum-in-the-Classroom educational outreach program.
- Understand and oversee our permanent Museum collection including both accession and deaccession of artifacts.
- Plan, prepare and administrate Museum budgets. Write and circulate Annual Report.
- Manage and hire staff.
- Increase Membership and Volunteer support through community outreach.
- Work to establish target audience and use both print and electronic media to bring community and visitors to the Museum.
- Establish good relationships with Board and Staff.
- Ensure the operations and administration of the museum are in compliance with laws and regulations.
- This is a full time, salaried exempt, at will position (40 hours per week minimum with some weekends and evening hours required)
- Proven successful fundraising and grant writing
- Graduate degree preferred from accredited college or university in Arts Administration, Art History, and Museum Studies or related. Management experience essential. Business experience helpful.
- Our candidate will have knowledge of art, California history, Museum Management, fundraising, public relations and computer skills.
- Familiarity with Napa Valley and its communities preferred
The Napa Valley Museum seeks the best qualified individual and is offering salary from $75,000 to $100,000 with health benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining experience and achievements, demonstrated leadership, proven fundraising skills and your vision for future success of the Napa Valley Museum. Please send along with current resume outlining work experiences in PDF format to Board President Ronda Schaer via firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2017. References will be requested when appropriate. Candidacy applications will be held in strictest confidence. It is expected that the Search Committee will make hiring recommendation no later than Feb 28, 2017.
Categories: Job Postings