Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Galleries Coordinator of Administrative Services, Boca Raton, FL,
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic’s faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Since its beginnings in 1983, the University Galleries has been an innovator in South Florida’s contemporary visual arts, presenting exhibitions of local, national, and international art in new genres as well as traditional forms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reports to and supports the FAU Galleries Director.
- Leads staff members in all Galleries operations and programs to facilitate exhibitions, arts education programs and other programs.
- Manages administrative and fiscal operations including: financial operations – personnel hiring, purchasing, and contracting services via the University’s Workday system; general operations including managing a busy office, three exhibition facilities and additional storage facilities.
- Program planning, development and administration for exhibitions and programs.
- Guarantees effective responses and actions from a wide variety of collaborators, contractors and businesses.
- Fosters the Galleries mission(s) in the context of other arts organizations in the community and other centers and academic departments in the College and greater University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or B.F.A. from an accredited institution and two years of work experience required.
• Experience working in an arts organization or non-profit preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.
$36,000 – $40,000
College or Department:
College of Arts & Letters
Work Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Evenings and weekends as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
Categories: Job Postings