Percentage of Time: 75%
Summary of Job Details:
The Head Preparator assists in exhibition design, and is responsible for exhibition preparation, set construction and installation of artwork, as well as, the original design of some exhibitions. Responsible for supervising and maintaining museum workshop, art storage and art handling areas. Responsible for art preparation, shipping and handling activities. Monitors condition of museum facilities including security system, climate control, and lighting systems. Responsible for maintenance of art storage areas. Supervises and trains student work crews and casual employees hired to assist with exhibitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design or Architecture or equivalent experience and/or training.
- High School Diploma Plus 2 years of art training, and 3 years of experience or an equivalent mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org of education and experience.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in Art Museum, gallery, or related field.
- Working knowledge of woodshop and technical installation skills.
- Ability to read and modify architectural plans.
- Solid knowledge of art handling.
- 1-3 years of facilities maintenance experience.
Special Conditions of Employment
· Satisfactory conviction history background check.
· Ability to work occasional weekends.
Hiring/Budgeted Hourly Range: $29.99 – $31.32/hr.
Full Salary Range: Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience; the budget for the position; and the application of fair, equitable, and consistent pay practices at the University. The full salary range for this position is $29.99 to $45.32/hr. The budgeted hourly range the University reasonably expects to pay is $29.99 to $31.32/hr.
Working Days and Hours: M-F; 8am – 2pm (Some weekends)
Benefits Eligibility: Full-Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application review begins 6/13/2023; open until filled
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Categories: Job Postings