Position Summary: Oversees and implements the operational activities of a service or functional unit of moderate size, budget, staff and/or complexity. Manages and assists in planning fiscal and administrative procedures directly related to the management or general business operations of the unit or its customers; Formulates, affects, interprets, and implements management policies or operating practices and administrative duties
Characteristic Duties – Responsibilities
- Implements solutions within designated area of finances and bookkeeping to improve organizational processes and outcomes.
- Oversees internal and external financial accounts and controls, and creates efficient reports conveying essential financial and operational information.
- Utilizes operational/processing expertise and leverages technology to develop clear action plans with results-oriented goals for measuring success.
- Reports critical information to senior leadership including data findings, metrics, Key Performance Indicators, market trends, and other business data points
- Oversees general administration offices operations and solves needs for the unit
- Evaluates current processes and leads the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyzes data and report findings and seeks root causes, develops solutions and recommendations. Implements when appropriate.
- Creates processes to ensure confidentiality and privacy of employee information and organizational data.
- Assists with HR hiring processes and onboarding
- Assists with creation of artist, vendor and museum functions related contracts
- Demonstrates awareness and appreciation for the global multi-dimensional and diverse perspectives of all
- Assists with grant submissions, administrative requirements, processes, procedures and reports
- Acts as unit time-keeper and processes all staff timesheets
- Manages institutional memberships
- Creates endowment reports and oversees compliance of terms
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in a business-related field or in a field which corresponds to the particular department of employment; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in finances, office procedures and administration, or in performing responsibilities related to the operational activities of the employing unit; experience with word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation software and/or desktop publishing, web page software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires, or will require prior to the completion of the probationary period: knowledge of word processing, data analytic software, spreadsheet development and/or presentation software, use of email and the Inter/Intranet.
Familiarity with University policy and procedures. Experience in EBS, Cognos, KC, and KFS systems. Query report experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials: Resume and Cover Letter required
Work Hours: STANDARD 8-5
Applications close: Jun 1, 2021 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time
Categories: Job Postings