POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead, oversee and manage the museum’s financial planning, tracking, analyzing, and reporting processes. Work closely with Marquette University’s Budget Office and Office of the Comptroller on the annual planning and administration of the museum’s operating and project budgets.
2. Lead, oversee and manage the museum’s human resources operations. Working in collaboration with Marquette University’s Department of Human Resources, manage the recruitment, hiring, compensation, and performance review process for the museum’s employees.
3. Working in collaboration with the Director and Chief Curator, lead, oversee and manage short-and long-term strategic, academic, and evaluation planning initiatives (including program review and accreditation studies).
4. Working with museum staff and in collaboration with Marquette University’s Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, research, develop, manage, and report on grants supporting museum exhibitions, programs, collections, and activities.
5. Lead, oversee and manage the museum’s Friends of the Haggerty organization, including oversight of the Friends annual gala, board development, board meetings, committee meetings, cultivation events, stewardship events, travel programs, and other Friends initiatives. Working in collaboration with the museum’s Director and its University Advancement liaison, develop and implement a strategy for cultivating and securing new Friends members.
6. Supervise the Marketing and Development Assistant and the Administrative Assistant.
7. Supervise legal matters on behalf of the museum, including negotiating and monitoring contracts. Act as primary point of contact with Marquette University’s Office of the General Counsel.
8. Working in collaboration with Marquette’s Office of Marketing and Communication, develop, implement and oversee annual marketing plans for the museum.
9. Working in collaboration with Marquette University’s Department of Campus Safety and Marquette University’s Police Departments, develop, implement and oversee a security plan and a disaster plan for the museum.
10. Working in collaboration with Marquette University’s IT services area, develop, implement and oversee a technology plan for the museum.
11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Education: M.A. in Arts Administration, Museum Studies, or a related field
Experience: Five years directly related experience in a non-profit environment, preferably an art museum
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES)
• Demonstrated experience with budget development, analysis, and management
• Proven experience with pre- and post-award grants management
• Excellent skills and experience in volunteer management, donor cultivation, and donor stewardship
• Familiarity with evaluation strategies and models used in art museums
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership, decision making, interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills; solid presentation, negotiation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and meeting management skills
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion as key strategies toward broad-based institutional excellence, representing a range of perspectives, thought, and actions
• Demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, and to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Proven ability to forge mutually respectful, trusting, and effective relationships with a diverse group of staff, donors, community leaders, and decision makers
• Strong work ethic and superior record of ethical service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Go to this link for more information, or to apply: https://employment.marquette.edu/postings/7720
Categories: Job Postings