JOB DESCRIPTION: Coordinate marketing/promotional efforts for University Art Museum. Design and produce graphics for exhibition promotional materials.
Please Note: This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate marketing campaigns and graphics for promotional materials for art museum exhibitions. Collaborate with curators to develop exhibition branding and design exhibition wall panels and brochures using Adobe Creative Suite programs. Coordinate photography exhibition installations for marketing purposes. Design and review information for monthly email campaign through the Mail Chimp platform. Maintain subscriptions lists. Responsible for routine and ongoing webpage updates and design using UW CMS. Manage social media accounts, YouTube. Manage and update online websites (such as Trip Advisor, Yelp, and Google business).
- Design and produce graphics for various print needs for the Art Museum signage, special events and educational programs in consultation with appropriate staff for promotional materials by using creative and technical abilities to include the use of computers and desktop publishing techniques. Coordinate distribution of marketing materials. Archive published promotions and ads. Maintain record of published materials.
- Prepare camera-ready art for advertising and promotional materials. Proof and edit event, promotional photography and graphics for online use. Coordinate photography exhibition installations for marketing purposes. Organize photo submissions for marketing purposes.
- Supervise the production of marketing materials within the Art Museum; monitor the design of all supporting material so that all promotions maintain a consistency in theme and focus. Establish and maintain working relationship with print, radio and TV contacts. Plan and implement schedule of advancing museum coverage through these sources. Draft, produce and work with UW Institutional Communications to distribute press releases for print, radio, and TV. Add Art Museum events to various online calendars. Explore new media options, make recommendations on advertising and promotional opportunities for Art Museum and facilitate production.
- Serve as a design and production consultant to University personnel as directed.
- Assist supervisor or independently give presentations.
- Establish and maintain documentation/records.
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Formal Presentation Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
Experience: 1 year work-related experience
Required licensure, certification, registration or other requirements:
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- Website design and content management experience
- Experience working on multiple media platforms such as digital, print, video and social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field
- Experience with designing, producing, and managing a marketing plan
- Demonstrated experience as skilled writer and editor. Strategic planning skills. Critical thinking skills, can see “big picture”, and highly adaptive.
- Experience working with senior leaders and across diverse functional areas.
- Ability to make proactive recommendations to leadership based upon available data.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
- Job Identification 211469
- Posting Date 08/11/2021, 3:20 PM
- Apply Before 08/25/2021, 11:59 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Job Shift Day
- Posted Salary Range 36,000
- Schedule (Hours Per Week) 40
- Grant Funded No
- Travel Yes, 5%
Categories: Job Postings