Location: University, MS, US, 38677
Department: University Museum & Historic Houses
Employee Designation: Regular Full-time (Benefits Eligible)
Definition of Class
This position plans, organizes and executes public events, membership initiatives, fundraising activities, and external communication efforts for the University Museum. Position serves as a liaison to museum auxiliary board to create fundraising events in support of the museum; collaborates with University departments, organizations and outside groups regarding facility rental and space usage of the museum, and manages communications efforts.
Examples of Work Performed
- Coordinates museum publicity and promotional activities for events and programming including, but not limited to development of flyers, posters, postcards, outdoor banners, e-blasts, ads, press releases, brochures, bi-annual newsletter, and web promotion through the Museum website, social platforms and event listings.
- Coordinates all Museum publicity, PR, and Marketing initiatives
- Manages and produces monthly Museum e-newsletter
- Oversees Museum Social Media Platforms and serves as Museum webmaster
- Researches and explores potential listing venues in city and region for exhibitions, educational programs, lectures and museum publicity.
- Meets with various media sources to include newspapers, magazines, and radio stations to determine museum advertising activities and budget annual advertising plan.
- Develops and implements membership initiatives, including renewal forms, membership cards, NARM membership, alumni mailings, events, and newsletter mailings.
- Maintains membership database. Plans and organizes museum and Rowan Oak events, receptions, openings and programming to include activities such as setup, negotiation of contractual obligations for resources and logistical considerations.
- Collaborates with University departments, organizations and outside groups regarding facility rental and space usage of the museum, provides assistance to event planners, manages master calendar, facilitates rental agreements and contracts, develops fee schedules for rental, and supervises events from set-up to take-down.
- Collaborates with staff and museum board to create fundraising events to support museum initiatives and fundraising needs.
- Coordinates sponsored and fundraising events to support museum initiatives and fundraising needs.
- Proposes modes of growing museum capacity and develops increased levels of assessment and evaluation.
- May train, assign tasks, and provide guidance to museum interns, undergraduate and graduate student workers.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Coordinates, plans, and organizes the execution of public events, membership activities, and fundraising events.
- Manages communication efforts to include publicity, promotion and advertising.
- Coordinates processes and activities regarding facility rental.
- Serves as a liaison between museum auxiliary board and museum staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Categories: Job Postings