West Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
This position is responsible for all aspects or museum registration of the Museum’s historical, art, and scientific collections; maintain and process collection records and documents related to accessioning, deaccessioning, cataloging, classification, preservation and conservation; coordinate incoming and outgoing object and exhibit loans including shipping arrangements, insurance negotiations, and records management; maintain the collection management database which includes acting as system supervisor; assist in collections care related to the historical and art collections; assist the curators as needed; assist the Assistant Museum Registrar with inventory reconciliation; other duties as assigned.
• Registration of the Museum’s historical, art and scientific collections.
• Maintain and process collection records and documents related to accessioning, deaccessioning, cataloging, classification, preservation and conservation.
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing object and exhibit loans including shipping arrangements, insurance negotiations and records management.
• Assist in collections care related to historical and art collections.
• Assist curators as needed.
• Maintain collection management database which includes acting as system supervisor, overseeing the database guidelines, security and installation of software updates; also work with museum information systems consultant regarding departmental hardware and software needs.
• Monitor and report on environmental conditions.
• Assist with inventory reconciliation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in history, art history, museum studies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years of related experience in museum registration or collections management.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record; must be able to obtain a State of Texas vehicle operator’s license within 30 days of employment and must qualify to operate a vehicle within the TAMUS guidelines. Must be able to maintain TAMUS approval.
• Knowledge of American Alliance of Museums (AAM) standard museum principles and practices.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of collection management software.
• Knowledge of proofreading.
• Detail oriented; self-starter; works well on own; problem solving skills; good communication skills.
• Ability to move medium weight items (most likely 20 pounds or less).
• Ability to handle material which may contain dust or microscopic mold spores.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• MA in history, art history or museum studies.
• Five to seven years of experience in museum registration or collection management experience.
• Knowledge of Vernon Systems collection management database.
Please include the following with your application:
• Cover Letter
• Three references
Apply online at jobs.wtamu.edu
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Although the attachment box is labeled “CV/Resume,” more than one attachment may be uploaded. Once you have submitted your application, you may no longer add documents. If you need assistance with downloading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at HR@wtamu.edu.
Texas law requires that males age 18 through 25 be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Categories: Job Postings