City Price, UT
Requisition ID 2021-4465
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-UT-Price
Category (Portal Searching) Customer Service/Support
Position Type Non-benefited (hourly) Part-Time
Job Classification Non-Benefited
Percent of Time or Hours per Week up to 20 hours per week
College USU Eastern
Department USU Eastern-Administration
Advertised Salary Commensurate on Experience
The Museum Weekend Supervisor supervises museum operations on weekends.
- Open/close museum on weekends.
- Responsible for cash handling.
- Supervises giftshop clerks and covers front desk as needed.
- Addresses visitor questions.
- Oversees use of museum space on weekends.
- Effectively communicates weekend issues to Director and Staff Assistant.
- Assists visitors with questions about the museum exhibits and has basic knowledge of the archaeology and paleontology of eastern Utah.
- Uses personal judgment and interpretation of policies and procedures to keep museum operations running smoothly over weekend.
- Available to work Saturday and Sundays
- Active listening and communication skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems and retail experience
- Able to problem solve and answer visitor questions
- Experience or interest in museums or natural sciences.
Along with the online application, please attach:
- Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
- Contact information for three professional references
- Cover Letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Commensurate on Experience
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. This position requires moderate physical activity, including the handling of objects up to 25 pounds and/or standing or walking more than one
The Prehistoric Museum celebrated 60 years of promoting the understanding and appreciation of natural and cultural processes that formed the geologic, fossil, and prehistoric human records found in Eastern Utah. The Museum, part of USU Eastern, is the perfect introduction to the paleontology and archaeology that has made eastern Utah a tourist destination known around the world. Learn more at https://eastern.usu.edu/museum/index
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,700 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,040 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 114 undergraduate majors, 132 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Categories: Job Postings