Salary: Starting at$43,000
Work Location: Hybrid (80% on-site, 20% remote)
Website to apply: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/23790BR
The Office and Systems Coordinator works to support a range of Spencer Museum of Art (SMA) office activities and services. The primary responsibilities of the Office and Systems Coordinator are fulfilling staff administrative requests; coordinating position postings and onboarding new staff; developing and implementing staff trainings and meetings; and creating and maintaining general internal communication and procedural documents. The person in this role will also contribute to monitoring museum-specific administrative databases, including data entry and reporting; digital and physical document archiving and processing; and assisting with purchasing, deposits, and other transactional office needs. The ideal candidate for this position will be enthusiastic about assisting staff with day-to-day needs, committed to performing meticulous work with a high level of accuracy and care, and able to reliably meet deadlines. This position requires a high level of confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of staff and donor records and interactions. The person in this position will need to function responsibly, reliably work set hours on-site, act independently, and use discretion. The position will report to the Deputy Director for Operations and Innovation.
45% Staff Management and Human Resources
- Oversee the main-line phone and field inquiries from the public on a daily basis.
- Communicate to the Shared Service Centers Human Resources specialist in the creation of position descriptions and position searches.
- Complete all SMA-specific on-boarding paperwork for new employees, professional, academic, and student staff.
- Assist SMA supervisors with internal needs of new/current employees, including training, startup needs, establishing phone and data service, and ongoing administrative requirements for individuals.
- Assist staff with placing supply and material orders (including stocking the staff work room). arranging and purchasing parking permits, and processing individual payment forms and business service agreements.
- Monitor and post temporary building signage for emergency, maintenance, and inclement weather postings.
- Create, update, and manage all staff manuals and lists.
- Assist Director of External Affairs with website updates for staff, job postings, and emergency postings.
- Manage the logistics of and facilitate monthly staff meetings.
- Assist staff in logistic coordination of museum-wide and/or departmental trainings.
- Manage, track, and dissiminate requests for volunteer work with the Museum.
- Assist staff, visiting scholars, and artists with travel arrangements as needed.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail, including mantaining mailings accounts (USPS, Fedex, and UPS) and assisting with special donor and publication mailings.
- Assist with processing annual student awards in collaboration with academic programs staff.
45% System Management, Archiving, and Processing
- Observe SMA patterns and methods to strategize and recommend improvements to system integration and procedural documents.
- Manage document rentition and disposal of museum forms and documents.
- Monitor naming standards and organization of digitally stored folders and documents.
- Serve on the Museum’s Information Management team, which works to improve efficiencies and processes for all staff.
- Manage attendance numbers for exhibitions by tabulating and visitor numbers from the Museum’s people counter system, TrafSys.
- Assist the Deputy Director for Operations and Innovation with financial database data entry and reconciling, as needed.
- Work with individual staff, using the KU Concur Travel System, to make arrangements for and reimbursements from travel.
- Oversee and gather data for annual institutional statistical, salary, and operation surveys and the Museum reaccreditation process.
- Assist with data entry and record management of the MuseumPlus modules and preserving the institutional history of the Museum, including grants and major initiatives.
- Assist with physical record and document management with the Museum’s institutional archive.
- Manage and post Spencer events on various online calendars, including Museum staff Outlook calander, KU Events Calendar, Lawrence Kids Calendar, Explore Lawrence Calendar.
- Supervise at least one part-time student administration assistant.
- Oversee student assistant in system data entry, in particular in MuseumPlus, and archive processing.
5% Other Duties As Assigned
- Contribute to targeted digital projects, such as collection keyword entries, alternative text for images, and visual description of collection objects.
- Assist with special events and serving at the Welcome Desk as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED plus four (4) years of *office experience. *Four (4) years of post-secondary education may be substituted for the office experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365.
- Prior work experience that required attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Bachlor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, MuseumPlus, or other relevant database experience.
- Experience with learning new systems and softwares quickly.
- Experience creating and/or leading employee trainings.
- Professional experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Experience working with website content management systems.
Application review begins Monday, November 14, 2022 and continues until a pool of qualified candidates has been collected.
Categories: Job Postings