Operations and Data Coordinator / Operations Coordinator
WhatsAppFacebookLinkedInEmail AppCopy Link
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 10
Major Administrative Unit / College: University Arts And Collections
Department: Art Museum 10050506
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: Minimum $44,133.00
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Information Technology, Library/Museums/Archives, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Operations and Data Coordinator
The Operations and Data Coordinator will be a key member of the Operations Department at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University reporting to the Deputy Director. This position is responsible for the oversight of the museum’s constituent relationship management (CRM) and related systems. The Operations + Database Coordinator additionally serves as manager on duty during public hours and events requiring an in-depth knowledge of the day-to-day operations of the museum facilities including building, security, exhibition, event, and student staffing processes. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders this position will work to further the MSU Broad’s strategic goal of fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for all.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as manager on duty at MSU Broad Art Museum maintaining museum standard of operations and serving as an advocate for the institution. This work requires a variable schedule including nights and weekends.
- Provide an exemplary experience to all Museum visitors and constituents through external communication, personnel, event, and facility management.
- Maintain working knowledge of exhibitions, museum programming and initiatives.
- Manage the Blackbaud Altru system on behalf of all Museum departments, including database management, reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, user communication, data integrity, data security and liaising with Blackbaud.
- Manage all aspects of the data entry interface including constituent records, retail, event and web form creation. Responsible for creating systems for gathering constituent data to meet needs for grant proposals, institutional reporting, research, and evaluation activities.
- Works with various departments to identify data needs and metrics; develop a series of fundamental reports that meet the needs of all Museum teams; analyze constituent data using queries, data visualization, segmentation and extraction tools to provide useful insight for museum leadership.
- Maintain a custom, user-friendly CRM procedure manual that serves the needs of all departments and consistently review all data processes to ensure the most effective and efficient procedures are in place.
- Work in coordination with University departments including Police Department, Residential and Housing Services, and Infrastructure Planning and Facilities as necessary to meet building and visitor needs.
- Assist Deputy Director with day-to-day functions and additional projects as assigned.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through the first two or three years of college, such as an Associate’s degree in a business-related field or in a field related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in performing tasks related to the area of employment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. May require certification in the area of employment.
- Minimum one year of experience in database, evaluation, information technology or other relevant experience.
- Experience working in a customer service setting with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of business operations and facilities management.
- Comfortable interfacing across the institution to lead the effort to improve data management, reporting and maintenance. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- A highly organized individual with the ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A motivated and flexible individual with an interest in broadening their knowledge in a creative cultural and teaching institution.
- Minimum two years’ experience managing CRM and database systems, familiarity with Blackbaud Altru a plus.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting such as statistics, data visualization or preparing information grant proposals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
To apply, qualified applicants must submit an application at the MSU Human Resources website at https:/careers.msu.edu. Please include a: 1) cover letter; 2) resume; and 3) list of three professional references (e-mail and phone).
8 to 5 with ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays related to museum operating hours and events.
The Bidding Eligibility ends on 4/11/2023 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Apr 5, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Categories: Job Postings