The Snite Museum of Art at the University of Notre Dame is seeking a full-time educator to join a vibrant education department.
The Public Programs, Assistant Curator of Education is the public face of the Snite Museum of Art for thousands of K-12 students, teachers, and other visitors to the Museum. Through their oversight of the school programs arm of the Education department with the Curator of Education, they develop and deliver innovative, high-quality, curriculum-connected experiences to area K-12 students and educators. The ideal Assistant Curator is outgoing, creative, flexible, organized and able to work independently.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage on-site and outreach programs for K-12 schools including but not limited to the creation of curriculum, the designing of gallery experiences for students, the training of docents, in-gallery and in-classroom teaching from Museum objects, the orienting of groups upon arrival, and the facilitation of teacher professional development.
- Develop relationships with area K-12 teachers and administrators that connect the Museum’s collections and exhibitions with state curricula and that firmly position the Museum as an integral partner and resource in the local educational community.
- Manage school programs resources including physical spaces and supplies.
- Regularly teach onsite and offsite using the Museum’s collections and exhibitions with K-12 audiences.
- Oversee the monthly development and publication of a digital educator resource newsletter. Work to increase subscription to the newsletter locally and nationally.
- Create interpretive K-12 educational resources for use both within and outside of the Museum.
- Maintain and update the online tour sign up system (which uses Qualtrics) used by teachers and the online docent scheduling system (on the website Sign Up).
- Maintain departmental statistics and compile reports as needed.
- Support the Public Programs department with other education programs including but not limited to: family days and nights, 3rd Thursdays @ the Snite, and Art Beat.
Categories: Job Postings