ART, DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE MUSEUM
Percentage of Time: 100%
Summary of Job Details:Under general supervision of the Architecture Curator, the Reference Archivist facilitates the administration of the Architecture and Design Collection (ADC)—one of the largest and most important collections of architecture in North America. With nearly 290 archives, the ADC’s materials illustrate the history of the built environment in Southern California from the late 19th century to today. The Reference Archivist is responsible for the care, maintenance and organization of the ADC; oversees loans; and coordinates physical and digital access to ADC materials to scholars, UCSB faculty, students and the general public.
- 1-3 years experience working with, processing and cataloguing archives, including digital archives.
- 1-3 years working knowledge of:
- ArchivesSpace and Archivist Toolkit database systems or similar database
- Omeka or similar digital asset manager
- Online Archive of California or similar database
- Copyright use and standards
- Scanning procedures for different types of documents (original drawings, photographs, slides, etc.) and purposes (digital platforms and printed materials).
- Microsoft Suite (Word and Excel), Adobe Professional and Adobe Photoshop.
- Administrative practices (invoicing, processing payments, filing, etc.
- Exquisite organizational and communication skills.
- Diplomatic tact.
- Master’s Degree in Management in Library and Information Science or related area of study.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory conviction history background check.
- Ability to work occasional weekends.
- UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Hiring/Budgeted Salary or Hourly Range: $25.65 -$29.23/hr.
Work Location: Arts – 1626
Working Days and Hours: M-F; 8am – 5pm
Benefits Eligibility: Full-Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Application Review Begins: 10/6/2023; open until filled
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.eduJob # 59333
Categories: Job Postings