The Harn Museum of Art, located on the campus of the University of Florida, in Gainesville, Florida, is currently conducting a search for a talented individual who desires to join a dynamic and collaborative team, in the capacity of School and Family Programs Manager.
The School and Family Programs Manager develops, implements and evaluates youth and family programs, outreach programs, art camps, teacher workshops, and publications for K-12 students and educators at the museum and in schools, as well as, museum programs designed to engage student-age audiences. This positions also manages the operation of the Bishop Study Center and co-manages the volunteer program.
- Develops educational programs and publications presented at the museum, in K-12 schools, and on-line, including the innovative Early Learning at the Harn Program
- Develops curricula related to exhibitions and permanent collections for use by educators in their classrooms, and in support of museum visits
- Develops and implements education programs for K-12 educators
- Coordinates K-12 student art installations
- Collaborates with the University and community members to develop learning opportunities for a diverse population
- Conducts, manages and evaluates:
- programs for family audiences
- children’s art camps, including hiring instructors and teaching selected weeks
- outreach programs that serve diverse audiences in the community
- Seeks grants for existing and new programs
- Manages the operation and staff of the Bishop Study Center, which contains a reference library, study areas, a hands-on collection, and interactive opportunities for all visitors
- Co-coordinates the museum’s volunteer program, with responsibility over volunteers for education programs and art camps
- Schedules, trains, and directly oversees volunteers
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- MA strongly preferred; degree in art education, arts administration, art history, education or related field
- Minimum 2 years of arts administration or museum education experience
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent skill in typing and proof-reading
- Ability to engage diverse audiences and experience promoting inclusivity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment
- Self-directed, organized and career minded; ability to work independently
- Knowledge of methods of data collection
- Ability to compile and analyze data for administrative decisions
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technology and software, such as TMS and PowerPoint
Advertised Salary: $46,000 – $56,000
- To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information of three references at: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/507638/school-and-family-programs-manager
- More information about the Harn Museum of Art and its programs can be found at harn.ufl.edu.
- The Harn Museum of Art at the University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks, and verification of education.
Categories: Job Postings