We strongly encourage you to reserve your accommodations now and make any adjustments as the conference nears, in accordance with individual hotel policies. There are four centrally located hotels between campus and downtown Lawrence.
*Please note, while we have blocks placed at each of these hotels, you are always welcome to do your own search through various hotel sites to find better deals if applicable.
Conference Location, Schedule Outline, Contact Information
The 2023 Annual Conference is hosted by The University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, and will take place June 12-15, 2023. Primary conference proceedings and sponsor booths will be located in the Adams Alumni Center.
June 12: Registration and sponsor booth set up will open by 1pm CT. Special Access Tours will start by 12pm CT and conference sessions will start by 3:30pm CT this day, with the opening reception taking place that evening at The Spencer Museum of Art. (We recommend being on site ready for events by the morning of the 12th so that you can experience all that this year’s conference will be offering!)
June 13: Primary conference proceedings taking place in the Adams Alumni Center. (Lunch will be served on site.)
June 14: Primary conference proceedings taking place in the Adams Alumni Center. (Lunch will be served on site.) *Sponsor booths must deinstall by end of day today.
June 15: Off site excursions taking place.
Click here for the Hotel Map
1200 Oread Avenue, Lawrence Kansas 66044
Approximate distance from core conference activities: .25 miles, 6 min walk, 2 min drive
*Please request the AAMG Block when you call to reserve. Rates are $179/night for Sunday through Thursday. This block will be released come May 10, 2023.
TownPlace Suites by Marriott
900 New Hampshire St, Lawrence, KS 66044
Approximate distance from core conference activities: 1 mile, 20 min walk, 5 min drive
*Please request the AAMG Block when you call to reserve. Rates are $149/night for Sunday through Thursday. This block will be released come May 21, 2023.
The Eldridge Hotel
701 Massachusetts St, Lawrence KS 66044
Approximate distance from core conference activities: 1.2 miles, 25 min walk, 5 min drive
*Please request the AAMG Block when you call to reserve. Rates are $125/night for Monday-Thursday and $179/night for Friday bookings under this block. This block will be released on May 16, 2023.
Springhill Suites by Marriott
One Riverfront Plaza, Lawrence, KS 66044
Approximate distance from core conference activities: 1.5 miles, 30 min walk, 5 min drive
Click here to Book your group rate for Association of Academics Museums & Galleries Be sure to use this link to get your AAMG discounted rate of $109/night Sunday through Thursday – This block will be released on May 11, 2023.
KU Housing Options
AAMG is partnering with the Jayhawk Hospitality Team at KU to offer on-campus housing at Stouffer Place. To reserve this option, you must complete the on-campus inquiry form by clicking here. Once you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming your reservation and outlining next steps.
Information to know:
- $60/night ($45/night + $15 for linens, please be sure to request linens on the reservation form)
- Double beds
- There may be other adult groups reserving rooms in this building in addition to our group for AAMG
- You would be reserving a private room and bathroom, but the living room/kitchen area will be shared.
- Kitchen is a full kitchen but you are responsible for bringing plates, utensils, etc.
- 25 min walk to the Jawhawk Welcome Center (where most conference proceedings will be taking place)
- Check in is at the Stouffer Place desk unless the desk is closed during your arrival and a different location will be set in conjunction with you.
- Parking information can be provided upon request.
Please note: the form is used for a variety of housing purposes on campus. Use this step-by-step guide for help with specific questions and reach out to Alexandra at aacademicmg[at]gmail[dot]com should you have any questions or concerns.
- Question 1: Select “New Inquiry”
- Questions 2-5: Input your information
- Question 6: Hosting Department or Organization: Enter “AAMG”
- Question 7: Enter your affiliation
- Question 8: Reason for your stay: Enter “AAMG”
- Question 9: Point of contact for your stay: Enter: “Alexandra Chamberlain”
- Question 10: Point of contact email: Enter: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Question 11: Point of contact number: Enter: 765.630.7202
- Question 12: Select Self-pay. *Please note payment is required up front
- Questions 13-17: Enter your information
- Question 18: Preference for type of occupancy: select Private (shared not available for AAMG)
- Question 19: Preference for type of bathroom: select private (shared not available for AAMG)
- Question 20: Will you need linens: select Yes.
- Question 21: Building preference: DRAG “Stouffer Place” to the top of the list (Stouffer Place is the only option for AAMG)
- Question 22: Meals: recommend selecting NO. AAMG is providing several meals during the conference.
- Hit submit!