Gallery Curator / Professor, Art – San Jacinto College South Campus
- Oversees all administrative aspects of gallery education programs.
- Assists with curriculum development, classroom and gallery teaching, recruitment, and visits to partner schools and institutions.
- Helps with curriculum development and planning, including art-making activities in collaboration with Art and Design faculty and students.
- Assists with teaching in the galleries as needed.
- Collaborates with multiple College departments, faculty, and staff to develop gallery education initiatives, professional development offerings, internships, and/or special projects.
- Coordinates outreach, marketing, and interpretation materials for Gallery Education programs and works to enhance program visibility both within and outside the College.
- Aids conception, development, and execution of new program ideas.
- Conducts formal evaluations and assessments of the Gallery.
- Maintains relevant webpage content and social media presence.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions for which they are responsible and that fall within the scope of the Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Diversity Plan.
- Budget forecasting, data collection, and reporting per leadership.
- Maintains teaching duties according to load requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
- Three (3) years of instruction at a community college
- Master of Fine Arts Degree
- Two (2) years of gallery director experience
Salary Grade: MAST
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req1159
Posting Close Date: 6/22/2018
Categories: Job Postings