The RISD Museum is actively seeking a part-time Academic and K-12 Programs Coordinator to join its Education team. This is a unique opportunity for an equity-minded individual to bring their organizational and administrative talents to the department.
The Academic and K-12 Programs Coordinator will coordinate and complete a variety of administrative duties related to the efficient day-to-day operations of the RISD Museum’s educational programs. They also provide logistical and facilitation support to staff and educators in facilitation of programs for Academic and K-12 audiences, as required.
The RISD Museum was founded on the belief that art, artists, and the institutions that support them play pivotal roles in promoting broad civic engagement and creating more open societies. Established in 1877 as part of a vibrant creative community, the RISD Museum stewards works of art representing diverse cultures from ancient times to the present and interprets our collection with a focus on the maker and deeply engages with art and artists.
– Using range of software systems and digital databases, ensure timely and accurate data entry related to educational programs, including but not limited to booking rooms, staffing and catering requests, ordering supplies, publishing calendar/web listings for events, executing event promotion, tracking registration details and enrollment numbers, tracking spending and creating invoices.
– As directed, support program planning, execution and evaluation by organizing and analyzing data related to program activity. Use Excel to consolidate and organize multiple data sets. As requested, review data to recognize patterns and identify potential opportunities, and relay findings to Program Directors to make suggestions.
– Actively participate in educational programs, as needed, for a variety of audiences through collection-based and professional development programs. Provide programmatic support including but not limited to assistance with material preparation and clean-up, pre-program, as well as, gallery activities, lesson plans, programmatic materials. Occasionally serve as the group facilitator in the event of absences.
– Perform administrative functions that support the onboarding and application processes, and promotion of student, faculty, and teacher opportunities including internships, fellowships, and pre-registered programs. This may include reviewing, editing, updating and posting internship program descriptions and forms, responding to inquiries from external contacts, drafting and sending correspondence regarding eligibility and participation, tracking application status, coordinating participant interviews, and other duties as needed.
– Compile, edit and organize resources and materials related to exhibition content, programs, and pedagogical practices for Education staff, On-call Educators, Student Workers and Faculty.
– Minimum of 2 years of experience providing administrative and programmatic support required.
– Proficiency with computer software and intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
– Aptitude and desire to learn new software and data tracking systems.
– Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
– Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Must recognize diversity and inclusion as central to excellence.
– Associates Degree or equivalent combination education and experience.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
– Bachelor’s degree with a preference for credentials in art and design or art and design education.
– Experience with formal or informal group facilitation.
Part-time (22 hours per week; Monday-Friday); 12 months. Primarily weekdays, with some evenings and weekends as required. Specific schedule to be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
Employment Status (Temp, Term, On-call, etc)
Documents Needed to Apply
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Categories: Job Postings