Pennsylvania College of Art & Design (PCA&D) is currently seeking a higher educational professional with experience in records management to serve as Assistant Registrar. This is a full-time benefit-eligible position based at our Lancaster, PA campus. The Assistant Registrar is a new position and has been developed due to the successes achieved by the College’s current strategic plan, program development, and enrollment growth. The Assistant Registrar will work as a team member who supports the Registrar and works collaboratively with the Academic Affairs team.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with academic advising, registration, and course scheduling. Provide responsive assistance to faculty and students.
- Support the Registrar with degree and program audits, classroom scheduling processes, transfer credit evaluations, enrollment and degree verification requests, proof of enrollment communications, transcript requests, survey processing, and creation of academic plans of study.
- Support retention efforts, enforce academic policies and procedures, report, research, and resolve concerns with enrollment data, and compose professional and formal communication to faculty, staff, students, and other community members as needed
- Work collaboratively with various departments to ensure the success of events, projects, training workshops, registration, welcome week, advising, and commencement exercises
- Maintain archive of academic records including changing, correcting, and modifying data to remain in compliance with accreditation and College policies and procedures
- Utilize student information system software (Ellucian PowerCampus) to pull various enrollment, registration, transcript, and classroom reports
- Assist in recruitment, training, and management of student employees in the Registrar’s office
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience in a Registrar, Records, or Administrative position
- Working knowledge of student registration and records processes preferred
- Proficient in Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Chat, Calendar, Forms)
- Experience with database software, student information systems or PowerCampus is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Strong commitment to inclusive practices and a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and dynamic community
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of student records and information
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and willingness to go above and beyond when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse population
- Working knowledge of the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and child abuse history clearances
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- The employee will work in a well-lighted, ventilated, office/academic environment
- Position requires seeing, hearing, speaking, grasping, sitting, standing, walking
- Requires sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Must navigate stairs and elevators
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
Application Materials and Deadlines
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for 3 professional references, including one supervisor (references will only be contacted for those candidates selected for in-person interviews)
- Unofficial transcripts
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com with Assistant Registrar in the subject line. Applications received by December 15 will be given priority. Position will remain open until filled.
PCA&D offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, Life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, and a 403(b) retirement plan plus match after qualifying period. The position is also eligible for paid vacation/personal time and paid holidays.
PCA&D is a private, independent college of art and design. The College is distinguished by its interactive classes, one-on-one attention from exceptional faculty, a culture of creative exploration, and interdisciplinary learning opportunities. The College values diversity and has a growing record of academic achievement with first-generation students, students of color, LGBTQIA+ students, and other underrepresented students. PCA&D values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the college community and invites candidates who through their administration and leadership will contribute to our shared commitment to a diverse and inclusive academic art and design community.
The Pennsylvania College of Art & Design is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in compliance with all applicable laws in the admission of students, administration of programs, employment of faculty and staff, and any terms of instruction and employment. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) and gender non-binary persons to apply.
Categories: Job Postings