Hendrix College seeks applicants for the Director of the Windgate Museum of Art. Housed in the Miller Creative Quad, a new facility opened in the fall of 2019, the museum serves as a pedagogical resource for Hendrix College. As an interdisciplinary space that engages students, and faculty from across the campus the Director/Curator will be responsible for:
· leadership and strategic planning for museum work in collaboration with diverse constituents on and off campus;
· oversees the management and preservation tasks related to the facility and collection;
· working directly with artists, collectors, galleries, museums and foundations to secure loans of artwork for exhibitions;
· manages the museum budget;
· oversees the College’s permanent collection including new acquisitions, collection records, loans and returns across campus, and storage.
In addition to these major responsibilities we are seeking applicants who will ensure that students and the broader community remain engaged with the work of the museum. In the accomplishment of that aim this role will:
· supervise and work collaboratively with the museum registrar and education curator;
· cultivate relationships with community members, art organizations and foundations for fundraising, gifts, grants and special projects;
· collaborate with others on and off campus for the creation and promotion of creative and engaging exhibits.
The College seeks individuals with a Master’s degree or PhD in Art History or Museum Management and a minimum of 2 years of curatorial/museum management experience. In addition to those qualifications, the successful applicant will have knowledge of relevant software tools related to museum management, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in both teaching and community engagement.
To learn more about the Windgate Museum of Art please visit https://www.windgatemuseum.org/.
For consideration applicants should submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and transcript of highest degree. Application materials should be submitted online at https://jobapply.page.link/eEDU
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Vicki Lynn, Vice President of Human Resources & Interim Title IX Coordinator 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032 501-450-1494 firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Brown, Director of Academic Success and Section 504 Coordinator, email@example.com (not for applications), 501-505-2954
Categories: Job Postings