Reports to: Deputy Director, Moody Center for the Arts
The Exhibition Manager will be responsible for the project management and execution of a wide variety of exhibitions, related programming and student projects at the Moody Center for the Arts.
- Manages all exhibitions, including both site-specific installations and loan shows. The Moody has three exhibition seasons/changeovers per year.
- Together with the Associate Curator and Head Preparator, ensures an installation and de-installation schedule is developed and followed
- Executes all loan forms and insurance documents, working directly with outside lenders
- Ensures all installation materials are ordered and available when needed
- Makes all crating and shipping arrangements, working directly with outside art handling and shipping companies
- Ensures that visiting artists’ travel and hotel accommodations are arranged. In the case of foreign nationals visiting the Moody, coordinates with Rice Office of International Students & Scholars to ensure all visa documentation is complete
- Contributes to the exhibition budget process through sourcing quotes for crating, shipping, insurance, installation materials, artist travel, and temporary labor.
- During exhibition installations, hires and manages temporary installation staff, communicates with all parties to ensure coordination and teamwork
- Coordinates and executes programming in support of Moody exhibitions, including four signature events: Dimensions Variable, Artists-in-Dialogue, Spring Fling, and Summer Jam. Aids in sourcing speakers and coordinating other events, as needed (i.e. Faculty Arts Showcase).
- Responsible for executing contractual agreements with artists, musicians, dancers, etc. who participate in Moody programs
- Attends all major Moody produced events and programs
Student & Faculty Outreach
- Acts as professional staff liaison to Moody Student Collaborative group, organizing two meetings per year
- Aids in the organization and execution of student workshops, student openings, and student social events such as movie nights and study breaks throughout the academic year
- At the direction of the Executive Director, engages with Rice University faculty whose curricula relates to Moody Center exhibitions and programs. Proactively invites faculty to teach in the Moody classrooms. Coordinates artist-in-classroom opportunities when appropriate
Gallery Guide Program
- Hires, trains and manages student docents to ensure a professional and knowledgeable visitor experience
- Supervises student Gallery Guide Manager to ensure all shifts are filled to provide appropriate oversight of Moody Center exhibitions and an enhanced visitor experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 years exhibition management experience in an arts organization
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work with a wide range of individuals (artists, actors, faculty, staff, vendors) and to coordinate with the Moody staff
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply through the Rice University website:
Categories: Job Postings